FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

wait, are you guys worried support is getting dropped because it's been a few weeks while Fractal is in the middle of a major modelling architecture re-jig? I don't want to forum-fight, but take a breath. 3.02 sounds great. they've already said they are working on 3.03 final AND Cygnus. What part of that screams "unsupported" ?

wait, are you guys worried support is getting dropped because it's been a few weeks while Fractal is in the middle of a major modelling architecture re-jig? I don't want to forum-fight, but take a breath. 3.02 sounds great. they've already said they are working on 3.03 final AND Cygnus. What part of that screams "unsupported" ?

Some, like me, may or may not have "abandonment" issues. ;)

Just asking if someone choses not to update to Cyngus, if they will still do regular updates in Ayres ?
Not sure if there are going to be any "regular updates" in Ayres (Buenos?!?) after Cygnus is released. Unless is not stable enough. So expect 3.03 as the final (Ares) release.

Last edited:
Thanks for answering that;)
The great thing about FAS's design is that you can do a backup, then load any FW version and use it. When you want to try the new stuff, simply do a backup with Fractal-Bot, and then, load the latest FW. If it's not your liking, simply reload the FW that is your liking, and restore your backups.

I still have an Axe-FX II, and I have about 200+ presets dialed in for when I was in a certain covers band 7-8 years ago, pre Aries, Pre Quantum, FW 17. It's really great to simply load that FW and restore the backups when I want to jam with those folks again, which I did a few times over the years, and everything is exactly as it needs to be as I spent a hella lot a time dialing in those presets.

Last edited:
Cygnus Beta is taking longer than expected.

I think FAS is adding some more features to surprise us, like the new Pitch Block, or a general CPU usage overhaul, to give us more processing headroom.

I keep checking the forum several times a day.

The firmware for Cygnus will be a different animal than the Cygnus on the III, right? That's why we all were on a wait list for a year because of the difference between Ares for the two?

Back
Top Bottom