FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

Just got my bass players FM3 today and haven't turned it on yet, maybe it will have the Cygnus! Any recommendations for factory ir's? Going for a heavier bass tone like Metallica. I'm going to get him started with a few presets. Thanks.

Just got my bass players FM3 today and haven't turned it on yet, maybe it will have the Cygnus! Any recommendations for factory ir's? Going for a heavier bass tone like Metallica. I'm going to get him started with a few presets. Thanks.
watching :D

It won’t have Cygnus. They are finishing v3.03 first.
I'm not so sure there will be a 3.03 first. Weeks ago when the beta came out, one of the Fractal employees here mentioned that there weren't many bugs and they should be able to get a final version out quickly, without another beta. So, why not do that? I speculate that it's all (FM3) hands on-deck for the Cygnus port!

I'm not so sure there will be a 3.03 first. Weeks ago when the beta came out, one of the Fractal employees here mentioned that there weren't many bugs and they should be able to get a final version out quickly, without another beta. So, why not do that? I speculate that it's all (FM3) hands on-deck for the Cygnus port!
I’m all for improvements, but I’d like a solid 3.03 before Cygnus. I love my tones now. I’d like a bug-free option before diving into a big adjustment like Cygnus. I’ll be happy either way, but these are just my personal hopes.

I'm taking them at their word.

It's standard programming practice to finish a beta cycle, go to full release, THEN move on.

I have yet to see FAS leave a beta as a final firmware. Some users will not want to update to Cygnus, especially if they really like what they're hearing with FW 3.03 beta. I believe they will have at least post a final release candidate before adding Cygnus for the FM3. There's always a slight possibility of remaining bugs in the release candidate, ala the AX8 and FX8, but they were at least official firmware versions.

have yet to see FAS leave a beta as a final firmware. Some users will not want to update to Cygnus, especially if they really like what they're hearing with FW 3.03 beta.
And that's their prerogative. Once the final release of Ares is out, and Fractal starts working on the port of Cygnus to FM3, people can pick whether they want to upgrade or not. That's true of every other OS and firmware upgrade to computing platforms. "Should I stay or should I go."

We're seeing people complain about this for the FX3, we're going to see them complain about it for the FM3.

Back
Top Bottom