FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

One question - I think the ‘reverb’ in the cab block uses a bit more CPU now? I’ve had it use as much as 10%, unless I’m mad!

I find I'm having to re-import IR files (YA mainly, but OH too) to get Ultrares working ok, anyone else?
Same here. I always convert my IRs to ultrares since I have an AxeFx II also, but almost all of them showed up as standard res in the new firmware until I reimported them.

Quick question: if I use output 2, and need to control it, I’ll have a problem with 3.03?
Are us
QQ#2 do we know what causes the foot switch issue, and is there a workaround?
1: if you’re using output 2 to copy output 1, then IMHO I would avoid the beta ..from my experience. I reverted then decided to switch some cables and use output 1 only and ignore out 2 for now and went back to 3.03...very nice.
2. They will fix it soon as they always do , beyond that no Info AFAIK.

cant wait until this becomes an update. Just not a fan of betas personally, i may still try it, but leaning towards just waiting with 3.01 and keep learning about my unit

Can anybody clarify - does purple signify that the cab is able to be Ultra-Res and green is a cab that can’t?... if that makes sense?

I generally hate flashing too, but if you mean the Preset Select flashing, you can disable this by setting your bank switches to load the first preset in the new bank.
As I said before, there is a bug.

I have the footswitch action assigned to bank+1 and load the first preset.

When the footswitch is pressed, the next bank is loaded, and the first preset of the new bank is loaded, but all the led rings are flashing.

The bug is the same if you load the current preset instead of the first one.

The flashing otherwise is not gratuitous: it tells you that the FM3 is waiting for a selection.

For me it's totally gratuitous.
I don't need that FM3 tells me that he is waiting for a selection, because I have no obligation of select a preset.
In other words:
I am in bank 1, preset 1.
I want to go to bank 9, preset 3
Banks 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 don't need to flash, because I will not select nothing in there.

The previous system were better for me. When you were in a bank with any preset selected, all rings are soft illuminated. So the FM3 is telling you that he is waiting for a selection also, but with a more quiet behaviour, not flashing like an ambulance.

Last edited:
There’s something strange happening when adding a Synth block on my main preset and turning Track off. CPU usage was around 70% or less but after switching Track off in Synth block FM3 says ”CPU overload”. I deleted several blocks (2 drive blocks, 1 delay block) to add the Synth block for some temporary noise. Doesn’t happen with a new preset with CPU usage around 40%. Synth block type was at Pink noise.

Or does turning Track off in Synth block rise CPU with over 10 %? Not in front of my FM3 atm, but can try to recreate this and post preset if needed.

Last edited:
Can anybody clarify - does purple signify that the cab is able to be Ultra-Res and green is a cab that can’t?... if that makes sense?
Purple means cab is Ultra-Res. Green means cab is Standard.

Both can be loaded as Ultra or Standard, but for the green ones have no sense.

Make the proof and check the CPU usage:
With the Ultra-Res cabs, you will see a change of 4-5% of CPU.
With the Standard ones, there is no change (or a very small change)

After checking the lists of cabs, I see the following distribution:
  • Factory 1: The first cab is Ultra-Res, the rest are Standard.
  • Factory 2: All cabs are Standard.
  • Legacy: There are a lot of Ultra-Res, and a lot of Standard.
Is it correct that Factory 1 have only one Ultra-Res cab, and Factory 2 have no one?

After checking the lists of cabs, I see the following distribution:
  • Factory 1: The first cab is Ultra-Res, the rest are Standard.
  • Factory 2: All cabs are Standard.
  • Legacy: There are a lot of Ultra-Res, and a lot of Standard.
Is it correct that Factory 1 have only one Ultra-Res cab, and Factory 2 have no one?
It was noted earlier in the thread. There's an issue with FM3-Edit messing up the colors. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the next release: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-3-03-beta-1.171881/post-2073720

There’s something strange happening when adding a Synth block on my main preset and turning Track off. CPU usage was around 70% or less but after switching Track off in Synth block FM3 says ”CPU overload”. I deleted several blocks (2 drive blocks, 1 delay block) to add the Synth block for some temporary noise. Doesn’t happen with a new preset with CPU usage around 40%. Synth block type was at Pink noise.

Or does turning Track off in Synth block rise CPU with over 10 %? Not at my FM3, but can try to recreate this and post preset if needed.
On the AF3 white and pink noise use more CPU than the simpler waveforms. Sine seems to use the least CPU while pink noise uses the most (about 5% more). My guess is to generate a bunch of random frequencies/phases present in noise takes a bit of CPU.

Turning off tracking doesn't seem to change the CPU much (if any) though on any of the synth types.

Thanks Fractal and to everyone who worked on this one , the drive block is sounding great and all the new additions, the Horizon, Crunch Box, OCD and Voodoo drive are wicked
overall the whole block sounds much better and interacts with the amp models in a much more natural way
and the Ultra Res , thanks. so much for that , my York Audio mix Irs, finally sound like the way I remember them on my AX3

What else is new about the drive block besides the new pedals? Is it improved sound on the original pedals?

If it is the same as the Axe3 its a complete overhaul to the drive block new models but it also sounds an reacts quite differently

They definite sound and react differently - for the better, IMHO. This is an AWESOME update from Fractal! This really opens a very wide door to create presets and your sound. I've been looking forward to this one - and it hasn't disappointed!!!! THANK YOU FRACTAL TEAM!!!

Back
Top Bottom