FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

Just for my perusal, in the past (Axe Fx II), UR RES were shown in italic in the cab manage tool. Is this still the case ? If it is there must be some incoherence between the color of the cab text in FM3 Edit and the Cab manage tool. So far I'm not sure about which cab is UR or which is not. Works as a charm for the OH UR and acoustic IR cabs I have in the user cabs page. Edit : not totally, as some UR cabs are in normal type characters (not italic).
I think it's the opposite now on the axe fx III and FM3, italic means standard res.
Regarding colors, there's a known bug in axe-edit that's been there since I got my axe fx two years ago. Every time I load a new firmware ultrares cabs appear green, but there an easy fix: refresh the cab list in the IR selection window (the one that opens up when you click on the IR name in the cab block, there's a button in the upper right corner).
Maybe it's the same bug on fm3-edit

I think it's the opposite now on the axe fx III and FM3, italic means standard res.
Regarding colors, there's a known bug in axe-edit that's been there since I got my axe fx two years ago. Every time I load a new firmware ultrares cabs appear green, but there an easy fix: refresh the cab list in the IR selection window (the one that opens up when you click on the IR name in the cab block, there's a button in the upper right corner).
Maybe it's the same bug on fm3-edit
Thanks, yes this helps.

Just gave it a try and it’s very cool but..... rolled back to 3.02. Something just didn’t sound right to me. Hard to explain what I was hearing but after rolling back it was gone and everything was good. I love these updates and enjoy checking them out but I will wait for the official update releases. Betas are a necessary evil for improvement.

I am very excited with the Ultra-Res update....
I never thought that it would be available in FM3!

After a fast checking, I see the following distribution:

Factory 1 List
The first cab is Ultra-Res, the rest are standard.

Factory 2 List
All cabs are standard.

Legacy List
There are a lot of Ultra-Res, and a lot of Standard.

So....

QUESTION 1
Is it correct that Factory 1 have only one Ultra-Res cab, and Factory 2 have none?

QUESTION 2
All the cabs that I loaded in the User List before updating this firmware were Ultra-Res, but all them are shown as Standard cabs. I have refreshed them, but there is no change.
If I load the same cabs again, they are loaded as Ultra-Res.
Is it the expected behaviour?

Are you sure that's correct? The user cabs I've loaded are all known UltraRes, and they are showing italic. For example, the AustinBuddy Fantastic 2x12 Cab Pack is UltraRes and they are showing italic. Do you think maybe the FM3 was truncating all user cabs as standard res on import?

Question / Help Request: I just downloaded 3.03 in FM3 edit and rebooted the FM3. I'm not seeing any Cabs in the FAS stock (factory 1, 2 or legacy) that are colored or otherwise noted as Ultra Res? A search in the Cab block for "ultra" yields one legacy 4x12. What am I missing please? Thanks

Are you sure that's correct? The user cabs I've loaded are all known UltraRes, and they are showing italic. For example, the AustinBuddy Fantastic 2x12 Cab Pack is UltraRes and they are showing italic. Do you think maybe the FM3 was truncating all user cabs as standard res on import?
In my FM3-Edit, all cabs in italic are Standard.
All the non-italic are Ultra-Res.

Question / Help Request: I just downloaded 3.03 in FM3 edit and rebooted the FM3. I'm not seeing any Cabs in the FAS stock (factory 1, 2 or legacy) that are colored or otherwise noted as Ultra Res? A search in the Cab block for "ultra" yields one legacy 4x12. What am I missing please? Thanks
The color is shown only inside the cab block (green for Standard, Violet for Ultra)

If you check the list of Legacy, you will see that the cabs in italic font are Standard cabs. The cabs with normal font are Ultra-Res

What does this mean exactly? Like issues when recording DI or reamping in a DAW? Because my unit gets chunky and slow when doing these.
The changes in this beta should help with that, yes. If you still experience issues please either contact support or start a bug thread for it (or if there already is one, add to it).

Ok so just to be clear for everyone...

Green/Italic Font = No Ultra Res, does nothing if you set it to Ultra Res
Purple/Normal Font = Ultra Res, must change the setting when selecting the cab

It's kind of a bummer that a lot of the factory cabs aren't Ultra Res.

Ok so just to be clear for everyone...

Green/Italic Font = No Ultra Res, does nothing if you set it to Ultra Res
Purple/Normal Font = Ultra Res, must change the setting when selecting the cab

It's kind of a bummer that a lot of the factory cabs aren't Ultra Res.
IIRC on the Axe 3 when i had it only the legacy bank was not UR
Factory 1 and 2 were capable of it

The color is shown only inside the cab block (green for Standard, Violet for Ultra)

If you check the list of Legacy, you will see that the cabs in italic font are Standard cabs. The cabs with normal font are Ultra-Res
I must be missing something -- I see no cabs in italics; the color of all cab blocks are green (none violet or purple). I'm looking in the "picker" list of cabs and the cab blocks themselves as I select any random cab block from the factory 1, 2 or legacy

I must be missing something -- I see no cabs in italics; the color of all cab blocks are green (none violet or purple). I'm looking in the "picker" list of cabs and the cab blocks themselves as I select any random cab block from the factory 1, 2 or legacy
There’s a issue with the editor they’ll fix here soon. All the stock cabs should be ultra res

There’s a issue with the editor they’ll fix here soon. All the stock cabs should be ultra res
Ah. Thanks -- then have all the cabs in existing presets automatically been changed / updated to ultra res with the downloading of 3.03?

Back
Top Bottom