FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

I have a feeling they will release both at the same time. Both development branches are ready but they are just waiting for one bug to be fixed in Cygnus that can then be backported to the 3.0 branch.

They're running multiple branches/releases? Any ideas on their % complete for their testing cycle?

I am guessing - but I suspect they'll release a final 3.03 so there is a non-Beta Ares modeling firmware that is considered a "stable release". After that - whenever the Cygnus Beta is ready, it seems they like to release code and have the user base get after it, find the unique scenario defects - which is cool - allows us as players to get our mits on the latest goodies sooner!

They're running multiple branches/releases? ...

No, never have before, it's just that Cygnus happened before 3.03 went final so we have this odd limbo state with the extended beta.

Think about all the FM3 users NOT on this forum, NOT following the beta news or bug discussions, or the Axe-Fx-III news at all. They would be running 3.02, or older if they haven't updated. New buyers today would get factory 3.02, and anyone looking at the main Fractal website support today will see 3.02 as the current version for download.

It makes most sense to release 4.0 with Cygnus, new drives, UltraRes, new presets, everything all in one major update. It would only cause confusion and support headaches if they released 3.03 at the same time, or 3.03 first only to follow up with 4.0 a very short time later.

No, never have before, it's just that Cygnus happened before 3.03 went final so we have this odd limbo state with the extended beta.

Think about all the FM3 users NOT on this forum, NOT following the beta news or bug discussions, or the Axe-Fx-III news at all. They would be running 3.02, or older if they haven't updated. New buyers today would get factory 3.02, and anyone looking at the main Fractal website support today will see 3.02 as the current version for download.

It makes most sense to release 4.0 with Cygnus, new drives, UltraRes, new presets, everything all in one major update. It would only cause confusion and support headaches if they released 3.03 at the same time, or 3.03 first only to follow up with 4.0 a very short time later.
I agree with you. I understand there will be people who “want” the stable ares so they don’t have to convert. But the new thing is the new thing and it’s not going away and they aren’t found to support 2 different platforms. Cygnus is coming and ares is dead

I myself would be more comfortable with a final 3.03. Since I gig, less time would be spent making sure there are no major bugs that would impact my rig. If I were to do the same with Cygnus, I would like at least a week before I take it out to the studio or gig.
I’m with this line of thinking. I admit I do get more and more excited about the Cygnus firmware, but I’m smitten with my current presets on 3.03 beta and would just like a final version. (I’ve said this a few times now and I’m feeling like a broken record.)

Even if they release the final version and Cygnus same day, I’d still elect to spend some time with a final Ares before switching.

I agree. From the way Cliff put it, I think they'll go straight to Cygnus, although likely a beta.

It's building........it is almost here........Ole Macanaw........Randall will know that that means, lol

My workflow is great with the current version and I get what I want and I have what I need, so screw updates, unless it sounds better than what I got..

I have no idea what that means ,,,
is it related to Canada gesse
You will have to search Joe Bowen and "Holy Mackinaw". Joe was an announcer for the Maple Leafs and he would say this after an amazing goal or an amazing save. That's my best guess... something amazing this way comes.....

Back
Top Bottom