FM3 Firmware Version 3.02

Quick question. I'm using the Fractal Bot to update my firmware to 3.02. I get a message when I hit download, that there is no receiving device, and to check that the device is powered up? How to proceed?

S.

Quick question. I'm using the Fractal Bot to update my firmware to 3.02. I get a message when I hit download, that there is no receiving device, and to check that the device is powered up? How to proceed?

S.
Make sure you don’t have edit and fractal bot separate programs open at the same time.

If you are using the Fractal-Bot in Edit’s Tools menu, then disregard.

When output 1 is set at -10 , output 2 gets a little closer with output 2 global eq gain @ +12

I understood that OUT 1 should be set to +4db, for pro music gear, no ?
Yes.

If you want the level of Out2 to equal Out1 — and you have Out2 set to copy Out1 — and you don't have an Out2 block in your preset — turn the Out2 knob all the way up.

Haven't read the whole thread yet but loaded this update up just fine. As a first time updater I really appreciate both how easy it was and how hard you guys constantly work on improving your product. Thanks a million you guys!

PS: Loving the performance page, going to be super useful.

Yes.

If you want the level of Out2 to equal Out1 — and you have Out2 set to copy Out1 — and you don't have an Out2 block in your preset — turn the Out2 knob all the way up.
Yeah I'll do that , I'll know more when plugged up to the monitors this weekend.
Just having the option at my foot to adjust volume if needed. At 12:00 it has always been the spot on axe fx2 mkll and AX8.
Thanks

Help! Downloaded from beta version to the 3.02...after I did that in editor I can't insert any blocks!

I go to the blocks tab, and try to insert any block and it won't. I also can't load from my blocks Library or recall. I can open the quick build tab and drag and drop a block, but I can't go to insert , choose the block I want, and insert it.

I tried reloading the newest version of editor, no good....any thoughts?

Well I discovered a work around. On my Mac , if I highlight the block and hold control and click my track pad I get the same drop menu as I would from the block tab, but it works. I still don't know why I can't insert from the block tab, but I have a work around.

Noticed that in UI arrows are not displayed correctly (they should display to which direction you could move). Upper right corner of the screen. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1196.jpeg
    IMG_1196.jpeg
    757.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1195.jpeg
    IMG_1195.jpeg
    839.8 KB · Views: 64
Help! Downloaded from beta version to the 3.02...after I did that in editor I can't insert any blocks!

I go to the blocks tab, and try to insert any block and it won't. I also can't load from my blocks Library or recall. I can open the quick build tab and drag and drop a block, but I can't go to insert , choose the block I want, and insert it.

I tried reloading the newest version of editor, no good....any thoughts?
Did you do a Refresh After New Firmware?

Noticed that in UI arrows are not displayed correctly (they should display to which direction you could move). Upper right corner of the screen. :)
They look right to me. An arrow to the left means there are hidden pages to the left. Both arrows together means there are hidden pages in both directions.

They look right to me. An arrow to the left means there are hidden pages to the left. Both arrows together means there are hidden pages in both directions.
Ahh! then it's perfect :) That was my first intuitive thought about the meaning of the arrows.

Continuing on the same place, do you find the order of the pages most optimal to your use? Just wondering would it be possible to add a setting in the preferences where you could change the order of the pages (e.g. I would like to have home, presets, global, per preset, etc.) or home global, presets, etc. An extremely small thing (doesn't really matter), mostly just pondering how you see the order.

Continuing on the same place, do you find the order of the pages most optimal to your use? Just wondering would it be possible to add a setting in the preferences where you could change the order of the pages (e.g. I would like to have home, presets, global, per preset, etc.) or home global, presets, etc. An extremely small thing (doesn't really matter), mostly just pondering how you see the order.
Adding UI options to suit personal preferences also bloat the firmware, increase the risk of bugs, and make the Setup menus more complex. So the company has to walk a fine line.

Adding UI options to suit personal preferences also bloat the firmware, increase the risk of bugs, and make the Setup menus more complex. So the company has to walk a fine line.
Totally understand, and great points. Luckily the development is in such capable hands! :cool: The order just got me thinking (but of course I knew these things are considered during design/dev work)

Reactions: yek
Thanks FAS, you've just given me an awful dilemma, update the FM3 or keep enjoying Cygnus on my III

Seriously great gear. Keep thinking about treating myself to a Kemper or try another Stomp for no other reason that I haven't had any new gear in ages, but I watch a few videos and wonder why should I bother as these FAS black boxes do all I need, just awesome you keep these things at the tip of the spear FOR FREE!!
Buy GUITARS!!!

Back
Top Bottom