FM3 Firmware Version 3.01

this one is big if it has all the performance stuff plus Cygnus, I am thinking it may go to Beta first just due to all the moving parts

Will make an A-B comparison with JCM 800 pre Chungus and with Chungus firmware when it's out, with the same DI. Considering I use JCM 800 almost religiously, for zack wylde, ozzy style tones, I'm super interested in what Chungus brings.

So far, I've been able to get very close to the tones I'm after.

Still, there's been something in the nuances of the JCM that doesn't quite "thump" like I'd expect it to. It "splashes" a little bit too much as opposed to "thumps". The best way I can describe it is... like a swimmer delicately diving into a pool vs myself smashing onto the water surface on my belly like a potato.

It's minor, and I get around it with advanced tweaking mostly, but I wonder what Chungus brings.

So far, it seems to do more potato. That is welcome on my end. Mak moar potat.

Last edited:
Did Ares live as long as “Quantum”, or did it have a shorter life. I’m in the camp of surprised that it happened this soon.

Will make an A-B comparison with JCM 800 pre Chungus and with Chungus firmware when it's out, with the same DI.
One thing to keep in mind about a DI A/B comparison is that it doesn't account for the way your playing will "adapt" based on the sound/feel you are playing with...

For pure comparison of input to output it is fine but I personally don't think it's always a great tool for things like this.

One thing to keep in mind about a DI A/B comparison is that it doesn't account for the way your playing will "adapt" based on the sound/feel you are playing with...

For pure comparison of input to output it is fine but I personally don't think it's always a great tool for things like this.

Yeah, I don't think it's sufficient or even right methodologically for everything that can be tested, depending on what the test aims to target.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt FAS would leave FM3 out of the upcoming update. That would be such a slap in the face to a large purchasing part of their future consumer base and as a business I guarantee that is on Cliff's mind as much as how hard he and all at FAS are working to continually give you the perfect products. As excited as we all are for more, patience without speculation is probably the safest course.

Back
Top Bottom