FM3 Firmware Version 3.01

I've been using the firmware for three weeks now and haven't had a single problem since. The FM3 sounds fantastic, the sounds are inspiring, the recording works flawlessly as does the USB playback.
Thank you for the great work. You have built a great device, I miss nothing!

OK maybe a Pittbull 50CL and a Barber DDSS ;-) but only for habitude.

I've been using the firmware for three weeks now and haven't had a single problem since. The FM3 sounds fantastic, the sounds are inspiring, the recording works flawlessly as does the USB playback.

Exact same experience here, it really is great. Excited for the performance pages coming soon :)

I'm just waiting for a performance page. That will be awesome when it arrives.

All I would like is the improved virtual capo. We do about half our songs in Eb. Does anyone know it the same limitations with the drive block apply to the pitch block as well?
Cliff said yes in a post back in yhe fall , drive and pitch were using more cpu than he wanted to in FM3

Hi. I write here because i have a problem with my fm3 and i have seen i am not the only one. When i have the unit turned on during a long time, it bocks and doesn't work any button in it. I have to restart it and all works well again. I don't think this is normal....
All help is aprecciated. Thanks. And sorry for my english, i am spanish.

Hi. I write here because i have a problem with my fm3 and i have seen i am not the only one. When i have the unit turned on during a long time, it bocks and doesn't work any button in it. I have to restart it and all works well again. I don't think this is normal....
I had the same problem - I've had my unit since the middle of October and the footswitch lock-up started early on. At first I thought it was a simple firmware issue, that would be addressed, but as new updates came the problem got worse (so I don't think it was related to firmware at all). Finally it got so bad that the footswitches would lock after only a few minutes of use and after a power recycle would refreeze moments after restart. Let the unit rest overnight and things would be normal again for a while but after a time footswitches would freeze up again. Only the footswitches were affected on both the FM3 and the FC6. I disconnected the FC6 but the freezing footswitches still occurred.
Here's the kicker - I sent the unit to Fractal and they reported back that they could NOT get the unit to freeze up - I'm thinking that the 3 or 4 day rest in the shipping box may have something to do with the failure to reproduce the anomaly. I didn't hear anymore for a few days and then...

"I know it's been a few days since we last spoke & just wanted to touch base with what's going on with your unit.
I resoldered the connectors for the F/S strip to ensure they are getting a good connection & I also re-downloaded the 3.01 FW onto the unit in case there was a glitch in the code,
I left the unit running with an FC 12 connected to be sure that there is some sort of load on the unit & throughout the day yesterday tested all footswitches to make sure they are not freezing up at all, I also swapped out the bottom FS board that hold the magnetization for switching.
At this point the unit is functioning as it should & I will be getting it ready to be shipped back."

I'm waiting with bated breath! Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

^^ +1

And I still have the occasional (much rarer than before, but still) USB connection problems with FM3-Edit.

Does firmware become unstable over time??? Reason I ask is because my previous USB issues (like audio dropping out/switching to different audio out/speakers while using the FM3 as my audio interface, playing music, videos, etc., and at times locking up the FM3 itself) have returned. Same factory presets/IRs/while using FM3-edit and while not... Same computer. Firmware up to date on all ends...

Does firmware become unstable over time??? Reason I ask is because my previous USB issues (like audio dropping out/switching to different audio out/speakers while using the FM3 as my audio interface, playing music, videos, etc., and at times locking up the FM3 itself) have returned. Same factory presets/IRs/while using FM3-edit and while not... Same computer. Firmware up to date on all ends...
I would be surprised if it did. Every time the FM3 is turned on it boots itself up fresh, initializes to a clean slate, then loads the last preset you were using. I don't imagine anything other than firmware and settings changes which you explicitly save should getting persisted, so I don't see what could be causing the firmware itself to become less stable via time. If it was just being left on for a long time, yes I could see there being memory leaks or things where that causes problems eventually, but not after a power cycle

Back
Top Bottom