FM3 Firmware Version 3.01

The only factory presets that I've found that still have the compression set at 69.9% is the presets using the 59 Bassguy amp, which is the default value for that amp (according to my Axefx 3).

Last edited:
Possible bug... Not sure if this was present before... and maybe I'm wrong about how the cab section works.

Anyway... When both cabs are muted, the amp still leaks through the audio. Much lower volume than with the cabs engaged, but nonetheless. It's the amp with no cab essentially bleeding through, so to speak.

Preset and screen shot attached. View attachment 76611
is the air parameter turned up? it looks like it is set to 3%. that lets dry signal through, i believe.

You guys are crazy good. Owned FM3 for a month and already have had more updates, than any product I ever owned; improvements not bug fixes, hell, good luck getting other companies to acknowledge bugs let alone fix them.

It's hard to not sound like a kiss ass or someone still on the honeymoon phase, but 3.0 is a second honeymoon for me. I want to tell the world!

I’m still confused about some of the compression params in the amp block. If I doubt click “cathode folllower compression, it goes to zero. If I reset the amp block it goes back to 70-something. This is the case for the presets which I have never saved. What is the correct way to get these params back to the defaults? And which values are default: double click on the param, or reset the channel?

I’m running FM3-Edit an 1.02.02 and FM3 3.01. I was previously on 3.00.

Also, there are presets I have made that I didn’t save in 3.00 or 3.01 that have cathode follower compression at 69.9% for the plexi 50 high 1.

I’m still confused about some of the compression params in the amp block. If I doubt click “cathode folllower compression, it goes to zero. If I reset the amp block it goes back to 70-something. This is the case for the presets which I have never saved. What is the correct way to get these params back to the defaults? And which values are default: double click on the param, or reset the channel?

I’m running FM3-Edit an 1.02.02 and FM3 3.01. I was previously on 3.00.
The correct value is the value when you reset the amp block. Double-clicking resets it to the "global reset" value which is zero. Ideally double-clicking should reset it to the correct value but this is a limitation of the architecture at this time.

The correct value is the value when you reset the amp block. Double-clicking resets it to the "global reset" value which is zero. Ideally double-clicking should reset it to the correct value but this is a limitation of the architecture at this time.

Excellent. Thanks!

I have install 3.01, no problem at all.
Then I've download the Devin Townsend and Steve Stevens preset and try to send it to my FM3 via Fractal Bot but it said that there is nothing connected, to check if the power is on or a cable connected.
I haven't touched anything between this.

Am I the only one to have this ?

I have install 3.01, no problem at all.
Then I've download the Devin Townsend and Steve Stevens preset and try to send it to my FM3 via Fractal Bot but it said that there is nothing connected, to check if the power is on or a cable connected.
I haven't touched anything between this.

Am I the only one to have this ?
You have closed FM3 Edit? Fractal Bot & FM3 Edit cannot run at the ame time, if FB is not started from FM3 Edit.

[ Originally posted this as a thread but have deleted it as this is a better spot for it ]

Hey all !

Just loaded 3.01 and checked my new Cathode Follower Compression value settings - after checking the new values by resetting the Amp Blocks I'm wondering if the following are perhaps not fully correct (?) - they are:-

Amp 21 - AC 20 12AX7 Treble - Compression 0.00 / Harmonics 0.00 / Hardness 0.00 / Grid Clipping %30
Amp 90 - Class A 30W HOT - Compression 0.00 / Harmonics 0.51 / Hardness 0.00 / Grid Clipping %30
Amp 96 - Deluxe Tweed - Compression 0.00 / Harmonics 0.00 / Hardness 0.00 / Grid Clipping %30
Amp 279 - Wrecker Express - Compression 0.00 / Harmonics 0.00 / Hardness 0.00 / Grid Clipping %30

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited:
[ Originally posted this as a thread but have deleted it as this is a better spot for it ]

Hey all !

Just loaded 3.01 and checked my new Cathode Follower Compression value settings - after checking the new values by resetting the Amp Blocks I'm wondering if the following are perhaps not fully correct (?) - they are:-

Amp 21 - AC 20 12AX7 Treble - Compression 0.00 / Harmonics 0.00 / Hardness 0.00 / Grid Clipping %30
Amp 90 - Class A 30W HOT - Compression 0.00 / Harmonics 0.51 / Hardness 0.00 / Grid Clipping %30
Amp 96 - Deluxe Tweed - Compression 0.00 / Harmonics 0.00 / Hardness 0.00 / Grid Clipping %30
Amp 279 - Wrecker Express - Compression 0.00 / Harmonics 0.00 / Hardness 0.00 / Grid Clipping %30

Thanks,
Ben
Why are you thinking that they are not correct after resetting, which sets everything to model default?

Back
Top Bottom