FM3 Firmware Version 3.01

Did you try the Graphic EQ in the Amp block?
Yeah, the graphic EQ does it as well :) it's just that I need to add the same eq always and to any amp type :) I think that people think too much about low end rumble and not the top end. Owning a real Savage 60 and 120 makes me wanna have the tone in that small box. Only way to achieve is through the EQ block. Otherwise the tone is just spot on! Our lead guitarist has the 5150 II and when I want to dial in his tone, I just need to add the EQ again. So it just seems that there this one bit missing. I tried to connect the FM3 into the power amp of the ENGL and it seems to be already a problem in the preamp that it's kinda too dark.

Yeah, the graphic EQ does it as well :) it's just that I need to add the same eq always and to any amp type :) I think that people think too much about low end rumble and not the top end.
it really depends what you're using as a speaker. i have to cut a lot of high end with the speakers i use. so i don't think the Axe is "missing high end" if different users need to change the EQ differently. everyone's situation and setup - and preferences - are different.

it really depends what you're using as a speaker. i have to cut a lot of high end with the speakers i use. so i don't think the Axe is "missing high end" if different users need to change the EQ differently. everyone's situation and setup - and preferences - are different.
I have it plugged into the Matrix GT1000 and then the same ENGL cab as I was using with the tube amp. The cab has V30's in it.

Folks, according to the FM3 3.01 firmware release notes a new amp type was added (“59 Bassguy Jump”). Is that a new preset in the 3.01 firmware? I don't see any new presets on my FM3 after upgrading the firmware and choosing the "refresh after new FW" menu option on FM3-edit.

Also, according to the video I am watching from Leon Todd (on the Ax3) is there supposed to be a new drive type of "DS1 Distortion"? Leon states that the FM3 is now supposed to be feature compatible with the Axe3 so thought I would see the new drive type. I am confused so any help is appreciated.

thanks

. Added “59 Bassguy Jump” Amp type.

Folks, according to the FM3 3.01 firmware release notes a new amp type was added (“59 Bassguy Jump”). Is that a new preset in the 3.01 firmware? I don't see any new presets on my FM3 after upgrading the firmware and choosing the "refresh after new FW" menu option on FM3-edit.

Also, according to the video I am watching from Leon Todd (on the Ax3) is there supposed to be a new drive type of "DS1 Distortion"? Leon states that the FM3 is now supposed to be feature compatible with the Axe3 so thought I would see the new drive type. I am confused so any help is appreciated.

thanks

. Added “59 Bassguy Jump” Amp type.
it's a Type of Amp in the amp block, it's not a new preset. Firmware doesn't add or change presets.

the FM3 does not have everything the Axe3 does, and has not received the latest Drive types at this time.

I'm still having some random connectivity issues when trying to transfer presets to new slots. Also noticed that presets won't get saved if I restart the unit after saving the presets.

I was referring specifically to the amp block, apologies if the way I worded it was confusing.

Loaded last night - no issues. That one blackface fender twin reverb on preset 4 sucked me in last night! I probably played that one amp for an hour. Crazy beautiful!! Hey Mom, I own a 66 fender twin reverb!

Firmware 3.01 installed and all's well in FM3 land. I'm mostly posting here to say thank you Fractal Team.

Cliff, you are to modelling what Jim Marshall was to Tube Amps :) Genius.

Loaded last night - no issues. That one blackface fender twin reverb on preset 4 sucked me in last night! I probably played that one amp for an hour. Crazy beautiful!! Hey Mom, I own a 66 fender twin reverb!
I may be in the minority,, but the fender amps are what sold me on the fractal. I've really been enjoying a lot of other amps too. But the twin, super, and vibroverb are definitely mainstays.

I may be in the minority,, but the fender amps are what sold me on the fractal. I've really been enjoying a lot of other amps too. But the twin, super, and vibroverb are definitely mainstays.
There's a reason there's so many Fender amp types. They're just great amps. I own a bunch of the real tube ones and these are very, very close.

Back
Top Bottom