FM3 Firmware Version 3.01

I'm under the impression that any algorithm improvements will find their way into the FM3 unless they would impact resources in unfavorable ways. I think the drive block improvements are a good example of that, but I still wouldn't rule that out.

I might be wrong but it seems that "chug" might only be for FX3 if I'm not mistaken.
I can only find a few posts with user speculation, nothing official about whether chug gets ported or not. Current Cliff posts seem to concern axe fx 3, but that's been the case with many updates.

Not porting this update would be close to saying "fm3 is done with amp sim updates" or further distancing possible updates from axe fx 3 amp sims.

Which I wouldn't imagine is going to happen, at least for amp modelling. This seems to be an update that affects the quality of amp modelling along the board.

If we were talking about something like the drive block, ok. Can see more of an issue there. But that's quite a different scenario it seems to me.

Correction: i realized you were reffering to fm3 potentially getting this later on, not now. I think that's definitely possible.

I can only find a few posts with user speculation, nothing official about whether chug gets ported or not. Current Cliff posts seem to concern axe fx 3, but that's been the case with many updates.

Not porting this update would be close to saying "fm3 is done with amp sim updates" or further distancing possible updates from axe fx 3 amp sims.

Which I wouldn't imagine is going to happen, at least for amp modelling. This seems to be an update that affects the quality of amp modelling along the board.

If we were talking about something like the drive block, ok. Can see more of an issue there. But that's quite a different scenario it seems to me.

Correction: i realized you were reffering to fm3 potentially getting this later on, not now. I think that's definitely possible.
Cliff was able to port the other Amp improvements. I have confidence he will be able to port this one.

I posted a log time ago about the FM3 screen, the AX8 has better use because show 8 blocks and also when you press the presets switch show you the preset list in this case in the fm3 you see only the scenes instead the presets, you don't know where are your presets if you don't memorize them all. should be good if fractal improve the way that the fm3 user use the screen instead copy the axe fx III.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/preset-list-view-in-the-masterlayout.168758/

Small question.....this is a recent thing, on my FM3, firmware is updated to newest etc. But sometimes my presets will switch their footswitch layouts automatically without me editing. Even on my per preset overrides....For example.....I usually set a Rhythm scene/footswitch 1, delay rhythm scene/footswitch 2 and lead scene footswitch 3. Sometimes it will put the rhythm on two footswitches and take away my lead. It's also been freezing a little bit lately. I have a gig friday and this concerns me a bit.
Any ideas as to what this could be? Thank you.

Last edited:
@BryantP I wonder if we may have a firmware 4 anytime soon (this week) making our unit closer to the AX3 and improving it more that it currently is or like the previous change will take several months?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom