FM3 Firmware Version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the bug with the Cathode Follower Compression this isn't surprising.

My recommendation is to reset the block first.
Thanks a lot, will be the first thing I'll look at tomorrow morning. I don't use a lot the factory presets but will reload the banks also.

will the fix on the cathode follower compression value in the next release correct the actual presets? how thats gonna work? or will we need to charge the last backup so the unit know the values assigned?

Just found the Champlifier preset very muddy. Can't use it right now. I'll wait for the firmware to patch this instead fixing each preset with issues (just this one for me so far).

Last edited:
I need to do a post on this but there is an easy fix to that per-preset that I've done for many years. Go to the input EQ block and do a high pass on just the input. I use 100Hz a lot on heavier amps as a starting point. Just depends on the guitar. You'll have all your low end but it'll be controlled and just sound better. Trust me. :D

Is the High Cut default on the Input EQ of the Amp Block supposed to be 200Hz? When I double click on it that is what it is set to. Seems every amp is set to 20K but the double click default is 200Hz. Low Cut default on double click is 20Hz.

Thanks for the tip tho, really enjoying playing with this to smooth rough edges :)

Cheers!

Is there a bug in the speaker compression as well? When resetting amps it defaults from 2 to 1. I didn't try every amp but I checked 7 or 8 and this happens.

So I updated to Firmware 3.00 from 2.00. I am reading a lot of posts saying that things on presets have changed from the original values such as compression defaulting to 69.9. I am new to the Fractal world. I am guessing that these changes defaulting are not what we want. Is there going to be an update to put tings back to where they were or should I go back to Firmware 2.00 and upload my presets from 2.00??

Or is it ok to leave it the way it is. I don't want to go into every amp I use a lot and start looking for things that changed and put them back to their normal values. What do you think I should do. Or better, what is everyone who updated to 3.00 going to do?

You can always revert back to 2.0, so go ahead and check out 3.0. Play with the Cathode Follower Compression and see if you notice a difference. my ears don't detect anything immediately so it must be something subtle that you may or may not notice, especially since there is a, IMHO, drastic improvement to the overall quality of the tone and feel otherwise with 3.0.

EDIT: Also, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it is only a display bug, where the preset still uses the original saved value but it is displaying the incorrect 69.9%.
EDIT 2: Apparently not just a display issue as high gain amps are having obvious tone issues. As an aside, it's kinda neat with the parameters and these bugs even, one really gets to learn what things on amps sound like :)

Last edited:
Just a small bug in the new FW3.0. Choose the Savage2 amp, go to the Speaker page and choose 'recto straight'. Hit a note an mute it. Immediatelly there's a huge oscilation of base happening, that you can't stop.

Just a small bug in the new FW3.0. Choose the Savage2 amp, go to the Speaker page and choose 'recto straight'. Hit a note an mute it. Immediatelly there's a huge oscilation of base happening, that you can't stop.
Ah, I experienced this at a patch change of a heavy cpu load patch. Only resetting the unit solved this Maybe report a bug.

hi
Which amps require a block reset, or do all amps require a block reset to get the best out of FW3.0 ?

Previously on Axe FXII it was only major FW updates required a block reset but I'm seeing mixed messages on the thread

cheers
G \../

Just installed last night. Some quick observations...
Immediately, I realized how much more bass was present. Not flubby bass, but punchy.
Since I use Yamaha HS8s, I had previously set my room control to give me the most bass possible, as I felt the FM3 was a little lacking.
But now I have set it where it should be, cutting the bass, since my speakers are in the corners of my small room. Now it feels right.
The Recto presets, which I always found way too dark and muddy, are tight and punchy and still have well defined highs.
I'm not a tweaker by nature. I usually just want to turn it on and play, which is why I love Fractal.
But now it's just that much better and easier than ever to get great tone.
Thank you guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom