FM3 Firmware Version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report:
I left my FM3 turned On all night, connected to FM Edit, in the morning it is still working perfectly, no freezes, the editor is still fully operational.

I’ll do the same with other presets, stress the system to confirm that this issue is solved.

Edit: Tried a different USB-port and restarted pc, works perfectly :)

I just updated and I'm having some connectivity issues. I'm not 100% sure if this is related to updating or already existed.

1608373047381.png

Last edited:
Great, thank you!! However, just to let you know @BryantP, my fm3 froze 30 seconds after startup.. connected to MacBook Pro, FM3Edit (latest version) running, no daw, no preset change, no tweaking. It just froze while doing nothing basically.

EDIT: Now it just froze while recording in a daw. It didn't just freeze switches / leds with sound coming through, this time there was no sound either.

Last edited:
Great, thank you!! However, just to let you know @BryantP, my fm3 froze 30 seconds after startup.. connected to MacBook Pro, FM3Edit (latest version) running, no daw, no preset change, no tweaking. It just froze while doing nothing basically.

Post the preset it was on.

I just can't believe how alive my high gain tone sound with 3.0.
I've played my usual preset yesterday and was still "Oh god, I'm crazy in live with this sound !", than I updated to 3.0 and my jaws have touch my knees ! The lows sound "more real" and made me want to headbang !
Even tune down to A#, the sound stay tight and clear !

Thank you Fractal team !

I am a new owner of the FM3, after the firmware update I have to reinstall the factory bank for better result?....

I am a new owner of the FM3, after the firmware update I have to reinstall the factory bank for better result?....
Nope :) Firmware updates don't do anything to your presets they just change the underlying technology. You might have a few instances of your own presets sounding different and wanting to tweak but the factory presets have not been updated and there is no need to reinstall them. Here is a link just in case you want to try some you may have deleted again tho: https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm3-downloads/

Update, all well.

The minidisplay label (layout 7 edited) behaviour seems different from V2.

Sw1: TAP
Category: Scene
Function: Toggle
Primary Scene: 1 (clean)
Secondary Scene 2 (clean+boost)

Sw2:
TAP
Primary Scene: 3 (crunch)
Secondary Scene 4 (crunch+boost)

Sw3:
TAP
Primary Scene: 5 (rock)
Secondary Scene 6 (rock+boost)

Label set to current
V2 behaviour: Sw 1 clean, Sw2 crunch, sw3 rock.
V3 behaviour: Sw1 2 3 all the same (clean, clean+boost... depends on the active scene).

Set to destination display work as V2 (ie SW1 show clean+boost if the active scene is 1).

The new firmware is amazing. With 2.0, I thought this was the best possible approximation of a modeling amp to real amps. But I was taught better. 3.0 actually sounds even better, the amps even more real. The missed open ringing in the highs has been added and the basses are a bit tighter. I am totally thrilled. Thank you for this gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom