FM3 Firmware Version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you enable such new goodness feature,,,tuner ON, EXP toe down ?
See Post #1 in this thread " • Added “Tuner on Heel Down” to MIDI/Remote/Other. When the value of the specified controller goes below 5%, the tuner will be displayed automatically. Typically you would set this to the same CC# or pedal used for volume control so the tuner will come on automatically when the volume pedal is pulled back. "
EDIT: Just saw where you asked about toe down, and I was thinking heel down - not sure about toe down.

Loaded 3.0.

It sounds great, bigger is a good word, so is enhanced.

Lots of “thump” for sure, I’ll probably have to adjust my presets, but I’ll wait till I can be “at volume”, great job guys.

how do you enable such new goodness feature,,,tuner ON, EXP toe down ?
Tuner on heel down was created specifically for use along with controlling Volume. People wanted the tuner to turn on when they turned the volume all the way down.

It can be used if the pedal is set to control something else, like Wah, but that wasn’t the intention. With this in mind, tuner on toe down doesn’t follow the original intent of the function.

Update, all well.

The minidisplay label (layout 7 edited) behaviour seems different from V2.

Sw1: TAP
Category: Scene
Function: Toggle
Primary Scene: 1 (clean)
Secondary Scene 2 (clean+boost)

Sw2:
TAP
Primary Scene: 3 (crunch)
Secondary Scene 4 (crunch+boost)

Sw3:
TAP
Primary Scene: 5 (rock)
Secondary Scene 6 (rock+boost)

Label set to current
V2 behaviour: Sw 1 clean, Sw2 crunch, sw3 rock.
V3 behaviour: Sw1 2 3 all the same (clean, clean+boost... depends on the active scene).

Set to destination display work as V2 (ie SW1 show clean+boost if the active scene is 1).
It’s always been that way. If you set up a mini display to “Current,” it shows the current scene. It the. Urgent scene is “Crunch,” all three switches will display “Crunch.”

Update, all well.

The minidisplay label (layout 7 edited) behaviour seems different from V2.

Sw1: TAP
Primary Scene: 1 (clean)
Secondary Scene 2 (clean+boost)

Sw2:
TAP
Primary Scene: 3 (crunch)
Secondary Scene 4 (crunch+boost)

Sw3:
TAP
Primary Scene: 5 (rock)
Secondary Scene 6 (rock+boost)

Label set to current
V2 behaviour: Sw 1 clean, Sw2 crunch, sw3 rock.
V3 behaviour: Sw1 2 3 all the same (clean, clean+boost... depends on the active scene).

Set to destination display work as V2 (ie SW1 show clean+boost if the active scene is 1).
Current has always worked that way for Scenes. It makes the switch display the currently selected Scene. If multiple Scene switches are set to Current, they’ll all show the same thing: the currently selected Scene.

Current does not show “the currently selected Scene if that Scene is controlled by that switch, but the Destination Scene if the Current Scene is not controlled by that switch.”

Just figured it out, I decided to make a preset with the 6ca7 Plexi, and realized, all the stuff I’d normally do to get the “thump” through a SS PA and 4-12 isn’t really necessary anymore.

I‘m not at volume, but I’m pretty sure it translates.

Again, great job.

Dumb question perhaps, and I apologize if it has been asked previously......

I never even updated to version 2.0. Is there any problem with me updating directly to 3.0 from whatever version my FM3 originally was shipped with?

Here's my 2 cents about 3.0 from a brief moment where I could crank it (with everyone home all the time it's hard to find these times). I didn't do a proper before and after but something is better about the Vibra-King model. I used to own a VK but as glorious as it was, I traded it away because at almost 90lbs it was too heavy and loud.

I've been using the VK model on the FM3 since I got it a couple of weeks ago. IMHO the VK model sounded ok but there was something missing from what I remember the VK sounding like.

In 3.0 it's much improved. It's more punchy and full. It immediately triggered my memory of playing the VK. I don't know if FRFRs will ever match the feeling of playing in the room with an open backed 3x10 cab cranked but it's much closer now. And it doesn't weight almost 90 lbs. I could probably playlist gigs on this patch alone.

Upgrading from 1.06 to 3.0 went quickly and without problems. The Archean amp is great! It doesn't make sense to compare to the Archon in the Atomic Amplifire I had before. The quality of FM3 unbeatable.
A big thank you FAS All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom