FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

Hopefully that means they are doing more than fix the reported problems and are adding more goodness for the official release!

i would not be surprised if we sit in beta for a while each one adding new stuff then giving time to test that
i think for the rest of this month they will be trying to get the FM3 as close as they can so then they can keep
up faster

We're rapidly approaching the finish line. Fixed the Archean Bright bug today. Only a few minor things left.

I thought there were some other amps with the same sort of Archean Bright bug (?) or have I gotten "lost"in this thread.

Regardless, many thanks for all the hard work :)

Ben

Possible bug:
Assigning Control Switch to High Treble Knob in JPIIC Yellow causes audio dropouts, similar to Archon models issue.

Has someone experienced issue like this? Will Archean bug fix also solve this one? The unit stops when the Control Switch is being turned in with the footswitch.

Also, my FM3 froze yesterday during scrolling through factory presets. I can’t recall which particular preset caused it.

I know I am probably asking too much, but I would love a lot of the extra drive models added to the FM3 from the axe fx 3.... Especially the horizon precision boost and the OCD.

I've injured the 3rd finger on my left hand, I can't play guitar for 2 months, I really want to try the new firmware, 😢😢

Starting to get audio "lock ups" now while using an app called transcribe! on my Macbook to slow down audio files.. This also causes FM3-Edit to disconnect from the FM3 and I need to restart the FM3 to get audio playing again. This is what happened with 1.06, seemed to go with 2.00b, but unless I'm doing something different it's coming back. Seems to be time dependent too like the longer I am playing or looping audio on transcribe is when it happens. Some sort of buffer limits being reached??

I understand the developers are aware of the midi bug where FM3-Edit doesn't show the right setting of the midi block where you have to click somewhere else then come back to the midi block to show the updated settings. In addition, the settings are not unique to each scene. For example, If you change a setting in scene1, that same setting is also reflected in other scenes. I also tried to update these settings directly on the FM3 and it doesn't allow you to change anything. Just an FYI to Fractal support.

That's not going to happen with this firmware. The algorithms are too intensive to run on the hardware at this time. The FM3 is not an Axe-Fx III and some algorithms may NEVER get ported if the hardware can't support them.
Based in your experience, what the % probability of drives being ported?

Thanks

My interpretation is that he just told us there is a 0% chance of the drives being ported.
I wonder how great those new drives are. Do you know of any video of Audio comparative out there?

I guess I won't miss what I don't know, but a lot of people talk about it... That one can't help but dream about having them 😂

I have had my FM3 for about 3 weeks. When on November 25th the new firmware came out, I installed it and haven't had any problems until today.

Today the FM3 ran for about 3 hours on my Win10 PC with FM3 Edit 1.02. The last preset I tried was "Avant Jazz". Everything worked fine when I went out to eat. When I came back the FM3 was frozen and FM3 Edit showed a "communication time-out".

The device itself looked normal, only the tempo LED and level LED's no longer worked. The guitar signal was still processed with effects, but no botton or switch reacted anymore!

That's not going to happen with this firmware. The algorithms are too intensive to run on the hardware at this time. The FM3 is not an Axe-Fx III and some algorithms may NEVER get ported if the hardware can't support them.

thank you Cliff for clarifying that
i know it sucks to have to say it but it is an honest statement and its good to
know

so if i am guessing the Drive Pitch and Ultra res IRs are likely just not possible at the moment Correct

Back
Top Bottom