FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

OK , So does anyone have "swap scenes"? I do not. Tried scene mgr and scene drop down menu-only copy is avaialable?

I'll be very happy to be wrong!
It's a function under "Layout - Tools", or you'll find it if you right click on the "Scene" selector next to the "Preset" selector on FM3 Edit.

Functionality and augmentations have been added. CPU usage will vary block to block so your mileage may vary. Some are up and some are down.

We did our best to keep any existing presets in the healthy range. If you find one that ran before and does no longer, please bring it to our attention.
Nice, noticed a drop in between 5-7% on my "heavy load" presets.

So I'm also getting audio drops with this new firmware. I've attached my preset and can reproduce it basically 100% of the time. I was trying to mess with the main eq on the new Archean amp and looped a riff. I started playing around with the bass and swept from 0 to 10 back and forth and it has dropped 3/3 times.

Really digging the model, just sucks that it drops out like this. Thanks for the hard work thus far! Happy Thanksgiving.

Same here. Did the reboot, refresh after new fw thing. Still getting random audio dropouts, and when it happens I have to reboot the unit to get audio. Changing presets doesn't work. Random dropouts happen on every preset, both ones made prior to 2.00 and fresh presets as well.

Also, I haven't been able to get any USB audio playback yet (macOS Catalina on a 2020 16" MBP). FM3-Edit works fine, I can hear the guitar (if it hasn't decided to cut out yet), just no computer audio at all.

Unfortunately gotta go back to 1.0.6 for now, but this looks super promising!

I played 2.0b all night .....Zero audio drop outs. I am connected to a Mac for FM3 edit only.
Wonder what is causing this ....DAW stuff ? I am not doing any of that, zero.

FM3 firmware version 2.00 Public Beta 1 is now available for download.

Please note that this is a beta release. Before installing a beta release it is recommended you do a full backup of your presets, user cabs, and system configuration using Fractal-Bot. We welcome and encourage feedback.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/2p0/fm3_dsp_rel_2p00_beta_1.zip

A new version of FM3-Edit is required: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-02-00.167545/

Release Notes:
• Fixed USB audio issues that were affecting some customers.​
• Updated Amp block, now in sync with Axe-Fx III v14 (282 models including new “Archean”).​
• Updated Chorus and Compressor blocks, now in sync with Axe-Fx III v14.​
• "Swap Scenes" is now available on the Tools page of the Layout menu.​
• Reduced the overall latency of all analog I/O.​
• FC pedals can now be selected for global Input/Output Volumes (in Setup:MIDI/Remote:Other).​
• Output "Volume Increment" functions now work as specified.​
• FC: The first FC will now display the tuner when the FM3 is in the Tuner menu.​
• Display brightness is now applied correctly on power up.​
• Fixed an issue where footswitches would sometimes stop functioning until the power was cycled.​
• Fixed incorrect default scene on Patch recall from FM3-Edit.​
• Fixed an occasional crash caused by an “illegal” modifier.​
• Fixed crashes related to importing Axe-Fx III presets via FM3-Edit.​
• Fixed Bypass button issue in hardware GUI and FM3-Edit.​

Thanks for update!
May i ask will the Pitch block also catch up to the Axe Fx3?

Last edited:
EDIT:
Re-downloaded firmware, and it installed properly.

Having 1 issue when loading the new firmware. It seems to load, and after waiting 5 seconds and restarting, it gets to the Fractal logo, with the bar creeping across the screen. It stops at the very end.
And just stays there (at least for 1/2 hour, haven't tested longer).
I can emergency load 1.06, which works & loads normally, so I can at least use it.
I am sure this can be worked out, but I just wanted to document my experience in case someone else has the same issue.

Last edited:
Goddamn this Archeon model sounds good! I thought I had all of my high-gain presets finalized but now I'm swapping this out for my previous choices!

Always remember to read the instructions lol. I installed the update 2.0 patch without the new fm3 edit update (Like it says in the first post of this thread). After uninstall and reset of FM3 I followed the directions and it is working perfectly lol. Now time to have a beer or 2 and jam the night away!

I have dropouts by just adjusting the (archean) amp parameters (middle, bass, treble). In some point it stops producing any sound.
Going back n forth to my previous presets, still no sound. Rebooted seemed ok and then again dropouts and finally no sound at all when tweak amp's parameter.
Gonna load 1.06 back

Mac OSX 10.14.6/New FM3 editor/Refresh from FM3 editor/Scarlett 2i2

Edit: I also removed new fm3 edit because it showed red cpu panel and warning with 57% of usage..

Last edited:
Are my ears playing tricks on me? The whole device seems to sound a little better and even more natural?
The Archon quit after some minutes and I had to restart the FM3. It seems to be a nice lead amp, but I would not miss it, if it was absent.

Back
Top Bottom