• select factory preset 002: 65 Bassguy
  • in scene 1, AMP 1 is set to A, and in scene 2, it's set to B
  • go to Layout, page to Tools, and select "COPY SCENE"
  • use knob D to select "From 1" and knob C to select "To 2"
  • press Enter (or C)
  • page back to the grid
  • use knob A to select scene 2
  • Check: is AMP 1 set to A or to B?

I'm still seeing problems with the FM3 not communicating with FM3-Edit after my Mac wakes. This is only the FM3, and in the FM3 as my FX3 on the same hub, using the same USB cable always resumes communicating without a problem.

I've been tracking and reporting this.

Last edited:
Let's check:
  • select factory preset 002: 65 Bassguy
  • in scene 1, AMP 1 is set to A, and in scene 2, it's set to B
  • go to Layout, page to Tools, and select "COPY SCENE"
  • use knob D to select "From 1" and knob C to select "To 2"
  • press Enter (or C)
  • page back to the grid
  • use knob A to select scene 2
  • Check: is AMP 1 set to A or to B?

I’m not with my unit and don’t have all factory presets loaded. But I’ve done what you describe with my own, Austin buddy and some factory presets I still have and no change is saved. Not amp Chanel, not effect bypass state, not fx channel associated with original scene, etc.

On the other hand, if instead of copy I do the scene swap (same process you describe except for the Tools option) and the scenes get swaped as expected.

I’m not with my unit and don’t have all factory presets loaded. But I’ve done what you describe with my own, Austin buddy and some factory presets I still have and no change is saved. Not amp Chanel, not effect bypass state, not fx channel associated with original scene, etc.

On the other hand, if instead of copy I do the scene swap (same process you describe except for the Tools option) and the scenes get swaped as expected.
Just chiming in - I ran yek's test and it worked for me (both scene 1 & 2 are now set to Amp A).

So my unit is locking up frequently while using FM3-Edit, it seemed like it was only happening when my Mac went into sleep mode, before FW 2.0.
Since the update it has been happening frequently, and the values in the amp block have started changing randomly, mostly the amp type.
I thought this was a FM3-Edit problem and so I did a delete program and clean install of FM3-Edit, still locking up the FM3 unit.
Sometimes it will not even load the blocks in the Edit window, just showing empty blocks.

I have had the FM3 about 3 week and think it sounds great. It replaced the AX8 that I used for a little over 2 years, many gigs and was very trustworthy. However I see the new unit as glitchy and have a growing concern of how much can I trust it to play shows with. I think that mostly it is problematic when using the FM3-Edit program although it may be with just the unit as well, I have not been as acutely aware of these issues until a couple days ago, thinking that most of the problems were due to FW 1.06. Now I am not so sure.

Is there any sense that the unit needs to have the FW wiped and reloaded and/or a reset to factory settings? I want to get some backups of my settings/presets down because I have spent most of the time I have had with the unit writing presets and moving from the AX8.

Glad it is winter when I actually have time to work it out.

So my unit is locking up frequently while using FM3-Edit, it seemed like it was only happening when my Mac went into sleep mode, before FW 2.0.
Since the update it has been happening frequently, and the values in the amp block have started changing randomly, mostly the amp type.
I thought this was a FM3-Edit problem and so I did a delete program and clean install of FM3-Edit, still locking up the FM3 unit.
Sometimes it will not even load the blocks in the Edit window, just showing empty blocks.

I have had the FM3 about 3 week and think it sounds great. It replaced the AX8 that I used for a little over 2 years, many gigs and was very trustworthy. However I see the new unit as glitchy and have a growing concern of how much can I trust it to play shows with. I think that mostly it is problematic when using the FM3-Edit program although it may be with just the unit as well, I have not been as acutely aware of these issues until a couple days ago, thinking that most of the problems were due to FW 1.06. Now I am not so sure.

Is there any sense that the unit needs to have the FW wiped and reloaded and/or a reset to factory settings? I want to get some backups of my settings/presets down because I have spent most of the time I have had with the unit writing presets and moving from the AX8.

Glad it is winter when I actually have time to work it out.

Firmware 2.0 brought me a number of issues like this and the following ones, all related to USB connection.

• Almost constant pops and clicks on PC audio Playback, unusable .Recording is OK, no problems.
  • Today while connected via USB it started to change presets like crazy without me touching anything, it happenned only one time.
  • Freezes everyday while using FM-Edit.
  • Some days ago It lost all the switches configuration. A reset to factory settings was the solution.

I'll try another USB port, check the stability, and report.

I trust Fractal and know that it will be solved as soon as possible.

It's nothing compared to the great features and sound FM3 have.

The pros extremely overweights this issues.

Last edited:
Firmware 2.0 brought me a number of issues like this and the following ones, all related to USB connection.

• Almost constant pops and clicks on PC audio Playback, unusable .Recording is OK, no problems.
  • Today while connected via USB it started to change presets like crazy without me touching anything, it happenned only one time.
  • Some days ago It lost all the switches configuration. A reset to factory settings was the solution.

Pops and clicks in audio were happening to me, because my preset level was basically too high. Look at the meter for OUT1 in yours and play some loud chords. It should not go into red or past the reference point. If yes, got to the amp block and adjust the level. You may have an impression, that the sound is ok, but then the sound going to HP or OUT1 is influenced by the volume control, but the USB just outputs what it gets.

Overall fine - but one piece of strange behaviour.

Plugged into Axe-Edit but not doing anything with it.

Playing away and the sound subtly kept getting louder and softer, like I was riding the volume knob.

Intermittently.

Then locked up, still showing level on the input but nothing at the output and all foot switches unresponsive.

Reboot fixed it

Overall fine - but one piece of strange behaviour.

Plugged into Axe-Edit but not doing anything with it.

Playing away and the sound subtly kept getting louder and softer, like I was riding the volume knob.

Intermittently.

Then locked up, still showing level on the input but nothing at the output and all foot switches unresponsive.

Reboot fixed it
I had a similar behavior yesterday during a live presentation. Everything working perfect. We had a break of about 20min and kept the FM3 turned on. When we resumed to continue the show: No sound!! ☹ I checked everything and FM3 was receiving signal (all leds showing that signal was coming to the unit, however no sound!) The only way to recover it was resetting the FM3. The band and audience waiting for me to get ready...I can share the preset if necessary (nothing special and no modifiers attached). Of course, no computer, FM3 Editor or USB attached to the FM3).

Last edited:

Report: I changed the USB cable and connected it directly to a USB on the laptop, before it was connected to a Hub.

It solved the Pops and Clicks, it's perfect now.

But the freeze still happened, i left it ON and connected for some hours, and now the sound still comes out from the guitar and from de computer, but the FM3 is freezed.

A reset solved it.

Report: I changed the USB cable and connected it directly to a USB on the laptop, before it was connected to a Hub.

It solved the Pops and Clicks, it's perfect now.
Glad to hear it!
But the freeze still happened, i left it ON and connected for some hours, and now the sound still comes out from the guitar and from de computer, but the FM3 is freezed.
Do you mind sending me the preset you were running when you had this problem?

Glad to hear it!

Glad to hear it!

I was an unsaved work in progress (than I lost the changes), and do not remember exactly what I changed, but was related to the Drive models.

I redone some drive modifications and here it goes.

Attachments

• Mesa Triple Crest.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm not sure if there is a configuration setting for this or if it just hasn't been ported to the FM3, but is there a plan at all to add the blue background to the active scene on the home display like in the AFIII? For me it's a great deal clearer at a glance which is the active scene versus the thin horizontal white lines on the FM3.

(Actually I do like the active scene text being yellow on the FM3 and I think our Swedish friends would agree that yellow text on a blue background for the active scene would be a great look.)

I don’t have an audience.😒
If I did I’m certain it would be justification for the DSP of an Axe-3 and FC-12 rig.
I was under the impression the FM3 was an entry level gift from FAS to every guitarist on the planet-
to counter a tough business decision that producing more AX8’s is not the way forward at this point.
The god-given motivation to keep relentlessly working to find ways to refine the sonics is their identity and why they are the world-class leaders.
But I needed Unix-Man to explain to me that an Apple Camera Connection Kit is just a fancy name for Lightning to USB-B and that I can currently only connect one device to the FM3-
So everything I just said could easily be non-sense.
And you can keep tweaking my patches all you like.
If the JS-JVM happens to keep getting better somehow I won’t hold it against you.

Last edited:
Man 2.0 changed everything for me in the best!!!!! Thanks guys!!!

Is any updates of the amp block in FW 15.01 coming to FM3 World before Christmas?

thanks again!
Ciao

I'm not sure if there is a configuration setting for this or if it just hasn't been ported to the FM3, but is there a plan at all to add the blue background to the active scene on the home display like in the AFIII? For me it's a great deal clearer at a glance which is the active scene versus the thin horizontal white lines on the FM3.

(Actually I do like the active scene text being yellow on the FM3 and I think our Swedish friends would agree that yellow text on a blue background for the active scene would be a great look.)

Yeah, that was a nice usability improvement on the AxeIII back when that was implemented. But really, the screen on the FM3 is grossly underutilized for a floor unit. So much dead/empty space. There are some good change requests for the screen in the Wish List sub-forum that @BryantP has seen and commented on. Maybe some day...

Back
Top Bottom