FM3 Firmware Version 2.0

Yesterday I finally received my FM 3 with headphone out and updated the Firmware to 2.0.
When I start the FM 3 the vent cooling engages at the start up procedure and then it gets quiet again.
Is this normal?
I am asking because I had the FM 3 without headphone out since July and it did not started the cooling at the starting procedure.
Oh it is early and the morning in germany and I am trying to find the right words in english, sorry 😀

Have a nice weekend everyone and stay healthy 😊

Yesterday I finally received my FM 3 with headphone out and updated the Firmware to 2.0.
When I start the FM 3 the vent cooling engages at the start up procedure and then it gets quiet again.
Is this normal?
I am asking because I had the FM 3 without headphone out since July and it did not started the cooling at the starting procedure.
Oh it is early and the morning in germany and I am trying to find the right words in english, sorry 😀

Have a nice weekend everyone and stay healthy 😊
It’s normal.

Oops, after loading the 2.0 FW and updating FM3 Edit my own 4 patches that ran at 79-81% now run at 85-86% -> and are thus unuseable. 2 have reberb that work with economic reverb, the others don't have reverb so 'game over'.
As I stripped already all that was possible to make them run on FW1.06, it's just not possible to use FW2.0 for the time being. Lower CPU rated patches seem to run correctly. Couldn't check it without headphones at this time of night but bass response seemed very nice.
Howbeit for the time being I had to switch back to 1.06.
Exactly the same experience here, even with equal figures. Reverted to 1.06 as well (which BTW didn't give me any problem for the time being). Preset sent.

I carried out a test erasing block per block on 1.06 and 2.00 but couldn't find a single obvious culprit block.

Do you use a good amount of modifiers? This preset of mine has 8.

Exactly the same experience here, even with equal figures. Reverted to 1.06 as well (which BTW didn't give me any problem for the time being). Preset sent.

I carried out a test erasing block per block on 1.06 and 2.00 but couldn't find a single obvious culprit block.

3 modifiers in the DLR patch, 9 in the D-30.

I think of maybe recharging 2.0 and just redo from scratch the amp block. Or did you already try that ?

I think of maybe recharging 2.0 and just redo from scratch the amp block. Or did you already try that ?
Not really, I just cut and paste the block so probably some kind of deep copy was implied. However IIRC removing the amp block just freed like 3/4% (in both FWs), so I didn't investigate further.

Last edited:
Nope....same problem...back to 1.06 and previous FM3 Edit. Wow this is disturbing, but that's the way it is.
Nope....same problem...back to 1.06 and previous FM3 Edit. Wow this is disturbing, but that's the way it is.

Running fw 2.0 and FM3-Edit 1.02.00 solves the CPU warning, but not the issue with modifiers in the Amp block, if that's what you mean. That is fixed in the upcoming fw.

Running fw 2.0 and FM3-Edit 1.02.00 solves the CPU warning, but not the issue with modifiers in the Amp block, if that's what you mean. That is fixed in the upcoming fw.
Ah OK, but pls note that on the 2 DLR patches I posted hereabove I use no reverb, a legacy cab and only 3 modifiers, still CPU got 5-6% up. I hope the next FW will indeed cover that. If not, well still happy with my FM3 anyway.

I use no reverb, a legacy cab and only 3 modifiers, still CPU got 5-6% up
I'm really conflicted about this. On the one hand, I'm all for Axe III improvements trickling down to the FM3, but on the other, the margins are so slim CPU-wise, it's becoming a problem for some. Is there any cause for hope that some optimization will take place to improve this situation?

I'm really conflicted about this. On the one hand, I'm all for Axe III improvements trickling down to the FM3, but on the other, the margins are so slim CPU-wise, it's becoming a problem for some. Is there any cause for hope that some optimization will take place to improve this situation?
Probably or maybe. Anyway, FM3 is not an Axe Fx III and will never be however we look at it. If future FW versions won't do better then I'll stick with this one as it does the job and has the size I need. I'll dig some of these Marco Fanton patches that seem to get the sounds I like without overloading the CPU, to find solutions to simplify if there really is that big FW jump one shouldn't miss.

Back
Top Bottom