FM3 Firmware Version 2.0

I JUST INSTALLED THE FOLLOWING VERSION OF THE LINK AND WHEN I TURNED OFF AND TURNED ON THE UNIT DOES NOT CHARGE THE SOFTWAE, CAN ANYONE HELP ME? THE BLUE LINE IS 10%, THANK YOU

[giant image removed. It showed a unit stuck on the splash screen]

Last edited by a moderator:
I JUST INSTALLED THE FOLLOWING VERSION OF THE LINK AND WHEN I TURNED OFF AND TURNED ON THE UNIT DOES NOT CHARGE THE SOFTWAE, CAN ANYONE HELP ME? THE BLUE LINE IS 10%, THANK YOU
It looks like it didn't take the 2.0 firmware update (splash screen still displays the beta version). Please try the following:
  1. Delete what you have downloaded
  2. Download the firmware again
  3. Hold page left and page right while you power on the unit until you see the FM3 Emergency Utility
  4. Load the firmware using FractalBot and wait for the "Update successful" message on the FM3 main LCD before power cycling.

I've had similar problems on my Mac Pro over the years but never with the FM3. It happened for me with the Axe-Fx II, and with various USB synthesizers. Weird. A good workaround is to just re-start FM3-Edit.
In my experience restarting FM3-Edit won't always solve the problem.

The only difference between my connection to my FX3 and FM3 is the length of the USB cord. The FM3, because it's on the floor is using a 10' cord, which is still well within the limit. I'm going to swap their cords and see what happens next.

In my experience restarting FM3-Edit won't always solve the problem.

The only difference between my connection to my FX3 and FM3 is the length of the USB cord. The FM3, because it's on the floor is using a 10' cord, which is still well within the limit. I'm going to swap their cords and see what happens next.

AFAIK the FM3's USB subsystem is different from the III. A hardware thing, not firmware.

I updated last night on my iMac and it was all working ok and the extra CPU capacity is great. Fired it up tonight FM3 not connecting. Tried different cables, ports, reboots etc. Have also plugged into my MacBook (10.15.2) exact same problem can't get it to connect. Any thoughts?

May this be something that I mentioned in this thread? That my first FM3 had some dropouts that eventually got better with the update but recently the USB looks like dead? No communication at all? This new unit is absolutely fine, even after hours of playing, recording, no issues.
Support will determine what is happening and find a solution. Glad your issue was resolved!

Support will determine what is happening and find a solution. Glad your issue was resolved!
Well, this unit is actually another one I had because of the HP jack, the one without was sent for repair. Unluckily, it was bought in US and brought to EU, but now because of covid there's no way of getting it easily back for a repair. I'm waiting if G66 can find the problem and how much will it cost :( the unit is still under warranty though.

May this be something that I mentioned in this thread? That my first FM3 had some dropouts that eventually got better with the update but recently the USB looks like dead? No communication at all? This new unit is absolutely fine, even after hours of playing, recording, no issues.
I have one of the non headphone versions and have had issues with the USB previously but it seemed to be ok recently up until last night. I'll contact support, cheers

Posted this in the bug section, but thought I would share it here too:

@BryantP

Just discovered something interesting. Had another dropout after updating everything to latest firmware on the FM3 and Edit. It was a purchased preset from the Austinbuddy pack using the Hook 3B model with the Stereo Tape Delay engaged. This particular preset did have control switch modifiers on the amp's input boost, cut, fat, bright switch, and saturation but the only one in the on position was the bright switch. This particular preset was with the Hook No Edge tonestack chosen as the tonestack type. After a few seconds, the whole thing cut out until the unit was restarted. I removed the modifier/control switches for the saturation, fat and bright switch and then played for a while with no dropout.

Now here is where it gets interesting. I then went to another of Austinbuddy's presets that was the same Hook 3B but this one is with the Hook Edge tonestack instead of No Edge. All the same original modifiers as well as the delay were on just like in the other preset. Played for a while without any dropout at all. Then, just for the hell of it changed the tonestack to Hook No Edge and within a few seconds the dropout was there again. So obviously something within that tonestack made everything unstable.

Since these are purchased presets, I am not posting them but would think you should be able to get the same results if you try or I can send them just to you in a PM if needed.

Hi. Just installed 2.0 and getting a 'buzz' or loud 'clipping' sound on every sound on the computer. it sounds as if input is all the way up and there's static due to loudness. almost sounds like an 8 bit video game. when I change to internal speakers every sounds ok again. .
Im on a Mac OS Mojave.
any idea how to fix or any body had similar issue? changing the output levels for I/O input output DB does not resolve it.

i think it might have been the buffer size, i had it at 32ms, although i had it like that before without any issues, i changed it and it sounds ok now.

not sure if anybody else had something similar.

Posted this in the bug section, but thought I would share it here too:

It's a bug. I can replicate this problem described above by @Mott. Unit drops sound then freezes. Input signal LEDS are lit, but no output. Changing to other presets (non Hook amp) and still there is no sound, have to re-boot.

@BryantP email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy. com and I can send you some presets so you can test and replicate the above. cc: @Admin M@

Just now I was playing a four amp channel "Archean Bright" preset, Scene3 "Scooped Rhythm & Lead" I made for Live Gold a few weeks ago when it cut out on me. Happened in Scene 3. I was not touching any modifiers. CPU was 69%.

Re-booted/did a second try. Got a loud audible pop first after playing a few seconds. Then after about 20 seconds of playing - no sound.

Re-booted. Opened preset, disconnected all five (CS2 to CS6, see above) amp modifiers, saved. Now playing fine, no drop outs.

Then added each CS modifier back to amp block, one at a time, saving after each one and playing, then going to next. So far no drop out. Turned on a delay, no issue.

(This in firmware 2.0 released, from yesterday - haven't checked if new one put up overnight)

I Installed 2.0 last night along with new editor and fractalbot versions, all good so far, no issues at all. All my own presets work as they should albeit they are pretty simple. I created a new preset using the PRS Archon channels (all of them) and sounds superb !! definitely a go to sound for me. I'm using a combo of Marshall Cabs and Fryette which are great. Also switched my Plexi 50 High 2 amp in my plexi lead preset with the new one and that sounds killer too. So far so good for me, thanks for all your hard work Fractal Team, have a great rest over the holiday period and back to work in the new year for more lovely update treats lol ;)

FYI after installing 2.0, I still get the occasional freeze (sound coming through, but no response from any button / knob / input meter lights). This happened a couple times when connecting the usb cable into my Mac with the fm3 already on, not sure whether the problem lies in the usb connection or if there's a conflict somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom