FM3 Firmware Version 2.0

Wasn't there a bug in the beta where the settings shown in the MIDI block in the FM3's UI were incorrect? And wasn't that supposed to be fixed in this release? I'm still seeing that in 2.0.

To repro:
  • Add a MIDI block to a preset
  • In scene 1 select type/number/value for command 1
  • Change to scene 2 and do the same but select a different number and/or value
  • Now switch back and forth between scenes 1 and 2

The settings displayed for the command always seem to be from the previously selected scene. It's just a UI bug though, because the correct command is sent.

I had the same issue with the beta however it is resolved with the official release. I'm assuming you also upgraded FM3-Edit?

Reactions: HIO
I had just posted to the thread, when I hit post a pop up said the thread was missing; I figured great guess I broke it...not a good way for a newby to get started...lol. My question was, since I have saved no tweaks and everything is as shipped the other day (1.06) is there a need to backup before loading 2.0? Thanks
No need but a good habit to develop

So far the only bug reports for the new 2.0 is the amp modifiers I think. Great work Fractal! The FM3 sounds great! Happy Holidays!

switches freeze in my case
Can you upload your system settings and the preset it occurred on, please? What else is connected to the FM3 (i.e. FCs, external MIDI controller, USB, etc)? Were you using USB audio and/or FM3-Edit?

You can send them directly to me if you prefer.

Also, do you recall how long you were playing before the switches stopped working?

Last edited:
So far the only bug reports for the new 2.0 is the amp modifiers I think. Great work Fractal! The FM3 sounds great! Happy Holidays!

And two really minor bugs I've reported in the other thread, but I guess per the OP they are already aware of:

USB levels set at 1.00 dB after performing System Parameters reset.

Tempo light working erratically when playing audio from the Mac (found a pattern of both Tempo indicator and Tap tempo switch's LEDs blinking for 8 beats, then stopping for about 2 beats and repeat)

Can you upload your system settings and the preset it occurred on, please? What else is connected to the FM3 (i.e. FCs, external MIDI controller, USB, etc)? Were you using USB audio and/or FM3-Edit?

You can send them directly to me if you prefer.

Also, do you recall how long you were playing before the switches stopped working?

Thanks Bryant. I will send you the files privately.

Only device connected was my expression pedal (mission). No usb, edit, midi, etc (i have an extension cable connected permanently but nothing was connected to that)

We were maybe at 20 minutes playing time. After that freeze (on the sultans preset after trying to use the boost scene) I had 5 or 6 other freezes... especially when trying to activate delay on/off on a jtm45 preset.

My fan has never activated except for the few seconds when I power the fm3 on.

edit: While writing this I'm pushing buttons on my fm3 trying to reproduce the freeze (can't do it)... I'm noting that the tempo led skips a few beats when navigating with the footswitches

Last edited:
I think the troubleshooting is good here
a modifier causing intermittent issues would make sense because
not all users are adding them
they might only appear on certain presets or certain scenes
kudos to the team for uncovering that
i can certainly see where it would be a challenging bug

Hey, thanks for the update. I have the impression, that the amps now have some nice clarity to them.

Just one note to the USB issues. I had before a unit from early distribution of FM3. I had always some sort of USB issues with it and no firmware could fix it. Now the one was sent for service, cause the USB won't communicate at all. No chance even after booting to the recovery mode. The new one, that has a HP jack and just arrived this week is absolutely fine and no issues at all. Sp maybe it's some faulty batch of USB chips that are in the early models?

It's in there. But as an amp type in the Amp block, not as a factory preset.
I've updated as well and can't find the Archean amp. I have the Austin Buddy pack installed...do I need to uninstall that to be able to see the Archean in the Amp block? Thanks.

Thanks for your prompt response! I guess I'm just an idiot then, where do I go to find the amp type?

1. Click on the Amp block
2. On the lower left, just under the "CHANNEL" setting, you'll see something called "TYPE"
3. Click the name under "TYPE" and you'll get a popup that lists all the different amp models you can choose from

(PS: Definitely spend some time reading the manual. It's well worth the time spent and answers a ton of questions before you even have them).

1. Click on the Amp block
2. On the lower left, just under the "CHANNEL" setting, you'll see something called "TYPE"
3. Click the name under "TYPE" and you'll get a popup that lists all the different amp models you can choose from

(PS: Definitely spend some time reading the manual. It's well worth the time spent and answers a ton of questions before you even have them).
Thanks! I've gone through the manual, but must have overlooked that. Thanks again.

Hey, thanks for the update. I have the impression, that the amps now have some nice clarity to them.

Just one note to the USB issues. I had before a unit from early distribution of FM3. I had always some sort of USB issues with it and no firmware could fix it. Now the one was sent for service, cause the USB won't communicate at all. No chance even after booting to the recovery mode. The new one, that has a HP jack and just arrived this week is absolutely fine and no issues at all. Sp maybe it's some faulty batch of USB chips that are in the early models?

This is interesting as I have an early unit and I am plagued by random artifacts over USB. Fractal suggested trying different things but none have worked. Wondering if I have a hardware issue. Are others having USB issues? I use the FM3 via USB 99% of the time. Very frustrated as anything else I hook up using same cable and port - works just fine with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom