FM3 Firmware Version 2.0

Please explain in steps what you do and why it doesn't deliver the expected result.

Main page> Layout>tools>copy scene from 2 to 1>execute

I’m hoping that the scene 1 is now changed with scene 2. But everything remains the same

Main page> Layout>tools>copy scene from 2 to 1>execute

I’m hoping that the scene 1 is now changed with scene 2. But everything remains the same
I just tried this and it works for me. The one thing is that the scene label for the target scene remains the same. So for example if
  • the source scene is called PorkyPig and the amp block channel is 2 and delay block is off
  • the target scene is DaffyDuck and the amp block channel is 4 and the delay block is on
  • after the copy the target scene is still called DaffyDuck but the the amp block channel is 2 and the delay block off.

I just tried this and it works for me. The one thing is that the scene label for the target scene remains the same. So for example if
  • the source scene is called PorkyPig and the amp block channel is 2 and delay block is off
  • the target scene is DaffyDuck and the amp block channel is 4 and the delay block is on
  • after the copy the target scene is still called DaffyDuck but the the amp block channel is 2 and the delay block off.

Did it work on the unit?

In my case nothing is copied... no name, no channels and no fix bypass state

Swap scenes work as expected

That’s by design. Copying a scene copies it’s contents only, and leaves he scene name untouched.

That’s by design. Copying a scene copies it’s contents only, and leaves he scene name untouched.
I mentioned it is because someone might think that because the scene name had not been copied, the scene contents hadn’t been either. If you consider the case of a file the typical behaviour is for the name to be copied as well as long as there isn’t a conflict.

I mentioned it is because someone might think that because the scene name had not been copied, the scene contents hadn’t been either. If you consider the case of a file the typical behaviour is for the name to be copied as well as long as there isn’t a conflict.
All true. But in this case, you scene 2 might be your Rhythm scene, but scene 4 might have a tone you prefer for rhythm. So you copy scene 4 to scene 2, but you still want it to be your rhythm scene, so you don't want the name to change.

All true. But in this case, you scene 2 might be your Rhythm scene, but scene 4 might have a tone you prefer for rhythm. So you copy scene 4 to scene 2, but you still want it to be your rhythm scene, so you don't want the name to change.
Yes. I can imagine scenarios where you would want that to be the case. And I can imagine scenarios where you wouldn’t. Not to be contentious but imo most particulars of UI design should adhere to established convention as it has the effect of producing the least astonishment. Still I should tread lightly. These be matters that can inflame animal passions:)

Yes. I can imagine scenarios where you would want that to be the case. And I can imagine scenarios where you wouldn’t. Not to be contentious but imo most particulars of UI design should adhere to established convention as it has the effect of producing the least astonishment. Still I should tread lightly. These be matters that can inflame animal passions:)
Grrrrrr... :)

Back
Top Bottom