FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.06

I've had about 4 band practices since receiving my fm3. So far no issues there. I've had about 3 freezes at home though.

I've never had the freezing problem - but then again I haven't had the time to use it much. It's on 2-3 hours a week, always connected to FM3 edit. The fan turned on one time, and didn't turn off below the said temp threshold..but a reboot fixed it and I haven't heard it since.

What really irritates me with the sporadic freezing I’ve experienced is that after owning this unit since April, I still cannot trust it for playing gigs. I’ve resorted to using an HX Stomp while the FM3 remains at home. I also unloaded my audio interface in lieu of the FM3 and I can’t even use that feature reliably. I’m really hoping these issues are priority #1, with all hands on deck.

I haven't had any freezes. I've played a handful of gigs (there aren't many in Ohio right now and even fewer now that it's too cold for outside ones), and I use the unit several hours a day teaching, frequently switching patches. I'm using all patches I created and not any downloaded or factory ones. Also, a lot of my patches are hovering around 80% CPU and they don't seem to be causing any problems. I've only done a little bit of recording, but since 1.06, my USB audio problems have been fixed entirely.

Simply saying it does or doesn't freeze is of zero help imo.

People with freezing should state;
-What they were doing when it happened
-If using imported/converted preset or IR
-Details about the preset, modifiers, blocks, etc and share the preset
-Details about if you've changed system settings
-Details if you've changed layouts and buttons configurations
-If connected with USB, what OS and version of OS

People with no issues shouldn't participate imo.

/shrug

Simply saying it does or doesn't freeze is of zero help imo.

People with freezing should state;
-What they were doing when it happened
-If using imported/converted preset or IR
-Details about the preset, modifiers, blocks, etc and share the preset
-Details about if you've changed system settings
-Details if you've changed layouts and buttons configurations
-If connected with USB, what OS and version of OS

People with no issues shouldn't participate imo.

/shrug

Agreed, this happened at the very EOL of the AX8. Just because many people weren't experiencing problems doesn't meant they weren't there but, at the same time, people complaining never provided any useful info so the engineers could actually work into it.

Ok, so yesterday I experienced what I'm guessing people are referring to as the "freeze" while switching presets using the footswitches. I would think it was from a quick, and pathetic press since I just reached over and barely even pushed the footswitch which resulted in the mini display from the previous preset going blank with the led ring still bright along with the led ring of the preset I changed to being bright. After noticing I tried to switch presets again hoping it would reset but the same thing repeated with 2 mini displays being blank, and still 2 bright led rings. Was not connected to fm3 edit, or any software/usb. The presets themselves were made from scratch using only an amp, cab(factory ir), and delay block with cpu around 26%. Rebooted and everything is normal. Hopefully this information helps

The problem with the suspension of FM3 in such a way that the sound in the Amp block disappears, the output sound completely disappears, and the meters turn red - not only Friedman HBE.

Here we have the same for the Atomic High model.

The first video shows that FM3 crashed in the described way before I fully set up the recording station and before I started playing (you can see a timer on the phone counting the time since FM3 was turned on):

After rebooting, FM3 crashed after 22 minutes, is the moment of freezing:

here is next movie chronologically, which shows that inc beyond the restart cannot be done to recover the sound.

(films are made by a car camcorder, so they are automatically divided into 1 minute long). As you can see - FM3 freezes while playing, I don't press any buttons, I don't change the scene, prestes, etc. The USB cable is always disconnected from the computer.

Then after the restart I played for 1 hour and 15 minutes - and this time FM3 did not hang.

I attach a preset (it does not exceed 80% usageCPU), as IR I use files from HJ Pack from Cliff:

LP Atomic error 75 cab.png

Attachments

• LP Atomic error 75.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Random thought - I used to use delay blocks in parallel, I've switched to series and have no lockups despite having two (and a reverb) in every preset.

Could parallel delay blocks be the smoking gun?

Random thought - I used to use delay blocks in parallel, I've switched to series and have no lockups despite having two (and a reverb) in every preset.

Could parallel delay blocks be the smoking gun?
I don’t think so. I don’t use any, only single delays, and have had it lock up. Mine locked up when I only had the factory presets.

The problem with the suspension of FM3 in such a way that the sound in the Amp block disappears, the output sound completely disappears, and the meters turn red - not only Friedman HBE.

Here we have the same for the Atomic High model.

The first video shows that FM3 crashed in the described way before I fully set up the recording station and before I started playing (you can see a timer on the phone counting the time since FM3 was turned on):

After rebooting, FM3 crashed after 22 minutes, is the moment of freezing:

here is next movie chronologically, which shows that inc beyond the restart cannot be done to recover the sound.

(films are made by a car camcorder, so they are automatically divided into 1 minute long). As you can see - FM3 freezes while playing, I don't press any buttons, I don't change the scene, prestes, etc. The USB cable is always disconnected from the computer.

Then after the restart I played for 1 hour and 15 minutes - and this time FM3 did not hang.

I attach a preset (it does not exceed 80% usageCPU), as IR I use files from HJ Pack from Cliff:

View attachment 74981

Oh cool videos! I’ll check this out and see if I can recreate. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom