FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.06

I did have a freeze occur for the first time for me over the weekend.

I attached the patch for what its worth, but basically was playing on the patch for about an hour and I couldn't do anything with the switches. Sound was working. The screen seemed to be responding, but I just couldn't do anything with the footswitches. Odd.

Attachments

• Clean.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Does anyone else wish Cliff would just step in and fix this stuff? I mean, I get the whole “exercise in self-sufficiency” thing. But really, can’t we just get this sorted out, or is the FM3 always going to be the proverbial red-headed stepchild?
I'm pretty sure he has some. Now the FM3 updates should be phased. Let's get the easier things in such as new amp models and drive pedals maybe. Then bring in the harder ones. Maybe the pitch block and performance pages and such. I'm not sure but I'll trust they've got a system and plan in place

Drive block update will not be easy to implement. Cliff already said implementing it will eat up too much CPU necessitating changes to presets.

Maybe they could update the Drive block with the new algorithms and keep the existing drive block as an “economy” mode. Have existing presets that are tight in CPU programmed to use the legacy “economy” algorithms.

Maybe they could update the Drive block with the new algorithms and keep the existing drive block as an “economy” mode. Have existing presets that are tight in CPU programmed to use the legacy “economy” algorithms.

That's not a bad idea!

Does anyone else wish Cliff would just step in and fix this stuff? I mean, I get the whole “exercise in self-sufficiency” thing. But really, can’t we just get this sorted out, or is the FM3 always going to be the proverbial red-headed stepchild?

I don't think you're giving the other engineers much credit. Sure, Cliff could probably figure this out faster with all the knowledge he might have, but I don't think its entirely the other engineers' fault. Software is hard. Constraints make that even harder. Tbh, the actual things that most people are waiting for are the ports from the Axe III. There are still lingering issues like recording or freezing that i've experience or what not... but its not the end of the world people.

Do you really think Cliff is just sitting back watching the FM3 team struggle? I don't think so. I know he's said before that he can't be the one guy doing everything but he also said he's working on ideas to bring the updated drive blocks to the unit. So I'm sure he's making suggestions and working with the team. Just my opinion.

Do you really think Cliff is just sitting back watching the FM3 team struggle? I don't think so. I know he's said before that he can't be the one guy doing everything but he also said he's working on ideas to bring the updated drive blocks to the unit. So I'm sure he's making suggestions and working with the team. Just my opinion.

FW 1.05 was released on July 1. Since that time the AxeFx III has had ELEVEN new firmware updates, four since 1.06 was released.

update: it’s now TWELVE and FOUR

Last edited:
My guess is that any block upgrade already implemented on the Ax3 needs the processing optimized to a point where it doesn't use more CPU than the current FM3 block/s. That means creative workarounds, epiphanies, and experimentation by the team before we see it on the FM3 which is already a great device!

i gave up expecting updates on a regular basis long ago
i try not predict and just let it be a happy surprise one day
It's like the Jimmy Buffet line -- "a little like religion and a lot like sex - you should never know when you're gonna get it next!"

Back
Top Bottom