FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.06

...we all know what the issues were and still are.
We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with USB audio and Macs. We are working to resolve these issues.
I have a Mac and intend to use the USB audio to record with it. I haven't used my FM3 yet and don't know what the issues are. What are the issues that are still unresolved at this point?

I disagree, the FM3 works and sounds great, it's far better than the AX8 than I had for many reasons when used alone and with the FM3 edit.

The only problem I had so far is related to the USB audio interface but writing drivers is a hard job.
Many audio interface vendors take years to get drivers right (I'm looking at you, m-audio)

I have a Mac and intend to use the USB audio to record with it. I haven't used my FM3 yet and don't know what the issues are. What are the issues that are still unresolved at this point?
Some customers are reporting artifacts and audio drop outs (after 10 minutes or so) with 1.06 with their Mac. Some of those have success with 1.05. It seems like only a handful are reporting issues and we are working to resolve the issue.

We are working on it. There are additional items to consider for the next release.

can you comment on the additional items
more bug killing or are they things like the drive blocks and latest amp improvemets you would like to try and port as well ?

Some customers are reporting artifacts and audio drop outs (after 10 minutes or so) with 1.06 with their Mac. Some of those have success with 1.05. It seems like only a handful are reporting issues and we are working to resolve the issue.
Thanks Bryant.

I've been holding off using mine until the firmware issues are worked out but if only a handful are reporting issues I may as well dive in.

Thanks Bryant - if it helps, take a look at my Sept. 13th FM3 Bug posts. Those events took place with FW 1.06 installed and a USB connection with my mid-2014 MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.6 to run FM3 Edit and for routing YouTube audio for woodshedding through headphones. As noted, one of the events occurred with the monitor closed, but the FM3 was still physically connected to the MacBook Pro via USB. Note: I've never had a problem when there was no USB cable connected to the FM3.

Update: just happened again. I was just blissfully woodshedding on R.E.M.'s Begin The Begin when the FM3 stopped processing the Youtube audio (guitar signal processing continued uninterrupted). The quick fix is to unplug the USB from the MacBook Pro, power cycle the FM3 and reconnect the USB cable to the MacBook Pro. FM3 was running, but I had selected pause communications prior to the interruption.

Last edited:
Seems like no audio issues with my MBP 16" 2019 over a port replicator and Catalina 10.15.7. Yesterday I was using the FM3 for about 8 hours. Playing, then doing a break, then playing and recording again. No problems with freezing. I had the Fm3Edit open occasionally as well and I'm using Cubase 10.0 as my DAW.

Guess I’m “Official“.

Had my first issue, the screen went white, no sound.

Shut it off, turned it back on, back to normal.

Man... I've had zero issues with my FM3 so far. I updates to 1.06 and had all kinds of quirks. Unresponsive buttons, lockups you name it. Coonected to FM# edit, and not connected. So, I rolled back to 1.05 without issue. Then I decided, perhaps something was wrong with my fw file, so I elected to try it again. Downloaded a fresh 1.06 firmware from the Fractal official site, and reloaded the FM3. It's been rock solid since. Phew! Now I'm actively trying to get it to lock up, and it won't LOL. Seems smooth and stable! Thanks for the hard work on this one guys.

Had rehearsal last thursday. Used the FM3 for round about 3 hours, changed some amp settings on the device itself (no FM-Edit). No audio dropouts, no footswitch locking. Scene changes were quick. For me quite stable.

Just one notice: On my PC, connections with FM3 are relativly stable. I can't make my Surface Pro 4 connect to the FM3, however. Anybody else with a Surface and problems like this?

Last edited:
Why would a surface pro not connect ???? I was planing on using one,,,,ugh

I'm not sure. I'm actually not even sure, if the issue is related to 1.06 as I have not tried it before. Also, it could be possible, if it is a fault on my side, I installed all drivers, however. Double checked on this earlier. I'll verify my cable later today to take it out of the equation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom