FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

No usb issues with 1.05 in Logic, but strings take an Initial wait time before allowing presets to show, kinda annoying

Hmm I haven't been having any issues with FM3 edit or recording in on Cakewalk. However, I have been having USB playback issues on 1.05 similar to those described earlier. I was getting a warbled pitch modulated sound and the sound of crackling like the buffer size was set too low but i kept messing with it and increasing it and im fairly certain its not my computer so im not sure. Im not sure if its something weird with the audio driver but I was definitely having weird playback as well. Im sure it will be resolved in a future firmware release though im not too worried.

My computer detects the FM3, firmware 1.04 but no sound coming from PC. Then I updated to 1.05 and it works, however, USB playback and recording have cracking sounds, I know that they are working on it, but hopefully this Friday they can release an update.

yeah I'm kinda ready for an update too, Its just not quite there yet, and a few improvements would be welcome

Personally, I'd rather see them release FW on a Monday. The last three updates have had problems that were discovered and reported almost immediately with no-one from the FM3 team online over the weekend to answer these questions and respond to problems.

FW release earlier in the week does make sense. I personally don't care what day they release but I do hope the next update comes soon. Don't get me wrong, I am being patient and I understand it is not a simple task... However, I have had the unit since March and I am still waiting for a fully functional (my main concern) and featured FW.

Last edited:
I personally don't care what day of the week, I would just like the FM3 FW to be equal/on par/ same stuff of the current Axe Fx III FW, cause if its gonna be months behind i'll have just stop visiting the forums lol as I bet Cliff will push another update tomorrow

And to clarify, no complaints, just wishes.

I personally don't care what day of the week, I would just like the FM3 FW to be equal/on par/ same stuff of the current Axe Fx III FW, cause if its gonna be months behind i'll have just stop visiting the forums lol as I bet Cliff will push another update tomorrow

And to clarify, no complaints, just wishes.

Agreed. I think that's what most of us are expecting. Hope it gets more attention...soon

The problem is you want to make sure a new firmware fixes the current USB issues and at the same time does not introduce new bugs
to have that happen is kind of counterproductive

For me, recording with FM3 USB causes occasional clipping on the waveform. It's on the recording, not the playback. Like, once every one minute it will clip somewhere

I have a feeling the glitchy USB audio playback issues are pretty much all driver bugs. It just makes sense that there could be issues there vs defective audio interfaces in certain units. I am going to check sometime soon on my Mac in Logic to see if I am getting the same glitchy buffer crackling and pitch modulation as on Cakewalk in Windows 10.

I have a feeling the glitchy USB audio playback issues are pretty much all driver bugs. It just makes sense that there could be issues there vs defective audio interfaces in certain units. I am going to check sometime soon on my Mac in Logic to see if I am getting the same glitchy buffer crackling and pitch modulation as on Cakewalk in Windows 10.

It happens in Logic with a Mac for me.

Back
Top Bottom