FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

I also moved from the AX8. I do not care about headphones or USB recording. I bought this to gig with. I was lucky enough to have one outdoor gig not cancelled and the FM3 performed flawlessly! I continue to explore and find new tones daily. I'm working on seeing how modifiers may help in a live setting and am excited to try those out. We all need to be patient. MHO

My expectation coming from owning the AX8 is the FM3 will be consistently 1-2 months behind the Axe 3. Selfishly, if there are new amp or effect models, I'd love to see those ported earlier than say subtle tweaks to modeling algorithms.

I will say I appreciate not having to update the software every 1-2 weeks to be on the latest version. I like a monthly cadence to be honest, even if nobody asks or cares!

I'm sure the developers at Fractal are always working very hard and updates will be coming soon. Leon is definitely right about the pandemic being a difficult time and the fact Fractal is still releasing regular updates amongst all the other tasks they work on daily is great. I have a Hotone Ampero and it has barely been updated at all since the time it was released a year and a half ago. Helix is also rarely updated so its wonderful that Fractal in general has always been good about updating more than anyone else.

I guess “Firmware Friday“ isn’t a thing anymore, LOL!

i have not actually been keeping up
besides the bug fixes what are we actually lagging behind?
the comp block w FET comp and MBC
obviously the Pitch block overhaul
the new speaker compression
faster channel preset switching

am i missing anything else

For what I will be using the FM3 for (portable live use) the only show stopper for me, with regard to FW 1.05, is the pitch block save issue.

If you save the pitch block setting at the FM3, without Edit connected......does it not save that state correctly?

This.

Also, there's a global pandemic disrupting just about every aspect of our lives right now. The fact FAS are still pumping out FW updates for the III, moving through the FM3 waitlist and working on advancing the FM3 at all right now makes me so grateful to be able to make guitar noises with the gear they make.

Totally agree. I've had the FM3 for a little over a week now and it's just awesome. I have a couple really great tube amps and I've used many modelers and VSTs before (Helix, Axe FX Ultra, Bias, Mercurial, etc.) and this device is just another level. It's like every amp ever made, every IR ever made, and the best effects TC, Lexicon, Eventide, GFI, and Strymon ever made.

Right now, I'm nothing but positive for this device. If I had any ask, it would be for slightly better CPU optimization so the ultra-quality reverbs don't have to be dialed back :)

I'm just not sure whether there's a problem with 1.0.5 or with my unit, but as soon as I put 1.0.5 on it, my fan spins up allllll the time and I hear coil while coming from the unit very frequently.

I really hope I don't have to send it back.
1.0.4 has been rock solid aside from the FM3 Edit issues.

If this was a 105 thing........Wouldn’t we all have the “buzz” ...on 105 ?? I don’t.

What did support say ?
[
QUOTE="rossipedia, post: 1964969, member: 62432"]
I'm just not sure whether there's a problem with 1.0.5 or with my unit, but as soon as I put 1.0.5 on it, my fan spins up allllll the time and I hear coil while coming from the unit very frequently.

I really hope I don't have to send it back.
1.0.4 has been rock solid aside from the FM3 Edit issues.
[/QUOTE]

I haven't been having any issues so far with USB on FM3 edit or the pitch block resetting on 1.05. Could the pitch block be a scene modifier issue? Everything has been pretty solid for me.

If you save the pitch block setting at the FM3, without Edit connected......does it not save that state correctly?
Sorry, I shouldn't have used the word 'save'. I should have used 'stick' The problem is known (see post 71 for detail). The pitch parameters save in the preset but the MIX goes to 100% when scenes are switched.

i have not actually been keeping up
besides the bug fixes what are we actually lagging behind?
the comp block w FET comp and MBC
obviously the Pitch block overhaul
the new speaker compression
faster channel preset switching

am i missing anything else
I'm excited for the tuner to be able to access all inputs

Back
Top Bottom