FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

*fixed
Additionally - does somebody know why the "Edit" led lights up if I change a scene?
Because you changed the preset... Assuming you have the Default Scene global setting on "As Saved"?

In that case, if you change the scene and press save your preset would have changed its default scene.

Because you changed the preset... Assuming you have the Default Scene global setting on "As Saved"?

In that case, if you change the scene and press save your preset would have changed its default scene.
You are right - but I think I also saw this behavior with fixed global scene. But - to be honest, mayhaps I just obfuscated my observation. :)

I have same issue when changing scenes. Edit led start to light and save button state from editor is activated.
FM3 FW: 1.05
FM3-Edit 1.01.06

Input Drive is a complex calculation and if it's getting called frequently (as it would with a modifier) it could overload the CPU (and possibly cause a stack overflow, I have to think about it a bit).
Cliff, I'm wondering something : if I use scene controllers instead of an expression pedal to changes the input drive of the amp, will it also overload the CPU ?

I tried it with a preset, and after a few scenes changes, it doesn't freeze ; however, if I boot on the same preset, I get a blank screen and need to reboot again while holding the "Home" button, and then reload my system backup

Tried the USB Audio Interface functionality today for the first time and noticed that on-device navigation becomes super laggy as long as audio passes though USB. Disconnect USB and everything is running smoothly again. I found that this has already been noted in 1.04 beta - just wanted to point this out as it is still in 1.05.

Last edited:
Played a wedding reception with the FM3 last night (1.05), and everything worked and sounded great. The only problem we had was the storm that blew up at the end of the night. We saw it coming but it came so quickly! It ended up leveling the main tent (which was BIG) and wrecked our stage. Things ended up VERY wet. We frantically tried to get everything to the trailer but everything ended up soaked. I got all of my stuff into cases quickly but it still got wet, so all of my stuff is spread out on the floor here at home with fans running. The reception was on a lakefront and the ground quickly became a swamp so we couldn’t get the trailer out. We are going back today to pick everything up and assess the damage.

But I couldn’t be happier with the FM3. I’ve been a Fractal user since the Axe 2 waitlist and am a very satisfied customer. I hope everything dries out OK and still works! Well see later today...

Played a wedding reception with the FM3 last night (1.05), and everything worked and sounded great. The only problem we had was the storm that blew up at the end of the night. We saw it coming but it came so quickly! It ended up leveling the main tent (which was BIG) and wrecked our stage. Things ended up VERY wet. We frantically tried to get everything to the trailer but everything ended up soaked. I got all of my stuff into cases quickly but it still got wet, so all of my stuff is spread out on the floor here at home with fans running. The reception was on a lakefront and the ground quickly became a swamp so we couldn’t get the trailer out. We are going back today to pick everything up and assess the damage.

But I couldn’t be happier with the FM3. I’ve been a Fractal user since the Axe 2 waitlist and am a very satisfied customer. I hope everything dries out OK and still works! Well see later today...
That sucks, hope all your gear will be ok. Just let everything dry out real good before powering up again. Had that happen at a wedding years ago and unfortunately did wreck some of our gear. Very kindly, they offered to pay for fixing/replacing. Not their fault and we had insurance. We finished the reception playing without amps or mics. We just went out on the dance floor with them and sang and strummed as loud as we could. They all joined in. Ended up being a really fun time!

Sorry to hear about getting caught in the storm. We play mostly outside gigs in the summer and that is always one of my concerns. Getting caught in a sudden downpour. Hope everything dries out ok and is salvageable.

I had a similar experience a few years ago. Before the reception meal and our band playing after. The main tent blew off in a thunderstorm while band members and guests were battling the wind holding down tarps on the gear and trying to get the tent back up. We were drenched. 30 minutes later, clear skies and a soggy wedding reception with a soggy band...LOL. Good times.

There was a thread awhile back about protecting gear in weather and rowdy bars....so will post here again that it is handy to have a few of the xl ziploc bags in your gear stash. Saved my AX8 a few times!

71D1MdK761L._AC_SX522_.jpg

Someone else seeing this problem?
If I go to the "Per-Preset FC Settings" page on the device and scroll down, the page update does not correspond to the chosen line. I can scroll "out" of the page without causing a scrolling of the display.

Here's a short video:

Yes, it's been that way for a while. I made a bug report about it.

Does this firmware improve on CPU usage? I picked up the FM3 as a gift for my son, and as it's a gift I have to admit I haven't spent a lot of time with it. It's packed up until next week. But I did notice when I was going through presets there was at least one of the factory presets giving me CPU warnings. Which I found odd since it shipped with that preset. I'll unpack and put 1.05 on if it helps with the CPU issue. Not a complaint guys, so don't bark at me on this. I'm just wondering.. I'm a massive FAS advocate and I love my AF3's. :)

That is normal behavior. Changing the scene is considered an EDIT because if you save the preset it will start on that scene.
Just assumed it. I come from the AX8, so this behavior is a little bit weird to me, since I usually edit a scene, save and don't expecting it to be my starting scene. Global wouldn't work here, because my starting scene may also be 6, 3, whatever.
On the FM3, it's really nice that the per-preset Layout helps here, but from an editing experience it's also hard to shift the "bread and butter" scenes inside the preset, just to match up the global starting scene :)

Does this firmware improve on CPU usage? I picked up the FM3 as a gift for my son, and as it's a gift I have to admit I haven't spent a lot of time with it. It's packed up until next week. But I did notice when I was going through presets there was at least one of the factory presets giving me CPU warnings. Which I found odd since it shipped with that preset. I'll unpack and put 1.05 on if it helps with the CPU issue. Not a complaint guys, so don't bark at me on this. I'm just wondering.. I'm a massive FAS advocate and I love my AF3's. :)

Yes, and New Factory Presets.
Load those as well.

I didn’t pay attention with 1.04 but is it normal all the factory’s recto presets are almost touching the CPU limit (78%-80%) with 1.05 ?

Back
Top Bottom