FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

Try closing FM3 edit and try again. Fractal bot and FM3 edit shouldn't be open at the same time!

Maybe on Windows? I have no such problems on a Mac. In fact, Fractal Bot is available from the Tools menu in FM3 Edit so there should not be any problems if you open it that way.

The new firmware is working great for me. My band is doing a livestream show tomorrow night so I was hesitant to upgrade, but did it anyway and glad I did. Thanks Fractal team.

Maybe on Windows? I have no such problems on a Mac. In fact, Fractal Bot is available from the Tools menu in FM3 Edit so there should not be any problems if you open it that way.

You get the same problem on Mac as well. I do anyway. Maybe not with the firmware upgrade but definitely when doing backups.

At this point, the FM3 is staying home until I can guarantee it’s not going to crap out on me during a gig. I guess I’ll be using the HX Stomp for the next few gigs.
I agreed with this until I loaded 1.05

Mine was crapping out, locking up, audio drop outs etc. Loaded 1.05 and it's been rock solid. Hours of continuous programming, some quick in and out sessions, a long rehearsal and on the 4th an outdoor gig in the heat. No issues

You get the same problem on Mac as well. I do anyway. Maybe not with the firmware upgrade but definitely when doing backups.

This is not the case, at least for me, on my iMac.

Are you opening Fractal Bot separately, or opening it from the Tools menu in FM3-Edit? I am opening Fractal Bot from the Tools menu in FM3-Edit and I have no problems with both running when doing it that way.

As a test, I just opened Fractal Bot from the Tools menu in FM3-Edit. I did a complete backup with both Fractal Bot and FM3-Edit open with no problems.

This is not the case, at least for me, on my iMac.

Are you opening Fractal Bot separately, or opening it from the Tools menu in FM3-Edit? I am opening Fractal Bot from the Tools menu in FM3-Edit and I have no problems with both running when doing it that way.

As a test, I just opened Fractal Bot from the Tools menu in FM3-Edit. I did a complete backup with both Fractal Bot and FM3-Edit open with no problems.

I forgot Fractal bot was incorporated into FM3 edit. I've always run them both separately. I always remember Chris from axe fx tutorials saying in one of his videos "Don't run FB and FM3/Axedit at the same time" He obviously meant don't run them separately at the same time.

Next time I do a backup I'll try that. Thanks for the tip!

I went to 1.05, the volume of my presets were going up and down like I was using a volume pedal.

I shut it off, turned it back on, now it’s fine.

For the USB recording bug people: check that you have the correct sample rate in your DAW for FM3 (48 kHz 24-bit). Some of that warble and much worse happened to me when I was recording in wrong sample rate. It got better after using the correct sample rate.

Been recording straight to audio interface with zero problems now. I do know USB recording is different. Hope it will be fixed asap if there’s something wrong with it.

For the USB recording bug people: check that you have the correct sample rate in your DAW for FM3 (48 kHz 24-bit). Some of that warble and much worse happened to me when I was recording in wrong sample rate. It got better after using the correct sample rate.

Been recording straight to audio interface with zero problems now. I do know USB recording is different. Hope it will be fixed asap if there’s something wrong with it.
In or out of DAW, it's present, regardless of sample rate.

I see in my Logic it was set to 44.1 doh

Reset to 48 and still have glitches, fwiw. Will check after next update I guess.

Yesterday I tried it but I still have glitches.

Getting a lot of freeze here, with 1.05, and a Win 10 computer. Almost 10 since this morning. Each time, I have to reboot, then the three mini screens goes blank and those of my FC-12 too. Each time, I need to reset system parameters, then the mini screens work again...

Back
Top Bottom