FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

I have no idea why the complaints. They will port what is possible, maybe drop modification of some internal exotic options. It will take some time, but if I can choose between "Bugfixes for FM3 specific problems" or "get all those stuff from the Axe-FX III, because ¡whoah!", then I choose the first option.
And when there is time, yeah, port new sound options.

Last edited:
I received my FM3 last week. I have to say that if this unit ends up just being rock-solid stable with the sounds and blocks that it has right now, I'll be set for life. I did not feel hard done to at all when the AX8 reached that final state, and I still have it as a backup in case I ever need it.

I haven't had any prob's with it but listening to you guys is scaring me, I think I'm gonna sell it, since its been acting up in ways that stop my workflow, just not acceptable

Sorry, I'm still finding my feet here :)
Totally kidding! Objectivity is something that is lost quite a bit around here. Being sensible is a welcome respite from the norm.

Back on topic, I'm not downplaying any of the issues some users are having with the current firmware. Fractal has been transparent regarding the issues which is no surprise. Cliff has personally stepped in to give suggestions on how to fix the issues. He has demonstrated that he is aware of what's happening with the FM3 and committed to making sure things are addressed. We don't need to know any more.

Now, there are those believe they do need to know and since they're not updated daily don't like the perceived lack of progress and continue to express their displeasure. That's where the lack of objectivity and being sensible or reasonable usually comes into play. So, @Simon Godden , that's why your reply was so refreshing. Welcome to the machine!

I can still record but pause whenever the USB bug comes in. I'll just wait patiently, thing with FM3 is once you enter the creative mindset you'll be playing in hours or maybe the whole day.

The sounds, functionality and form factor of the FM3 are perfect for my needs. Even if it never received another update, I would be content. Haven’t thought twice about going back to the AF3, the FM3 is just such a great size and sounds so good.

I’ve lost track of the known issues. Is 1.05 safe to gig?

I got through a set without any issues, in fact haven’t had any of the issues mentioned in the thread. It was weird with only 3 switches, I’m still getting used to that. But I like minimalism so it works for me.

Reactions: JD_
I’ve lost track of the known issues. Is 1.05 safe to gig?
Mine has been rock solid.

9 weeks in, 5 rehearsals, daily use, recording, reamping, just using it to playback over USB, and even left it on for 11 days straight, hooked up to USB.

I had FM3 edit lock up once, but I think it was due to leaving it connected and my PC went into power saving.

Last edited:
I gigged this weekend and it performed flawlessly.

I went direct to FOH and used output 2 to send a 1/4" line to a power amp and 4x12.

I used only the FM3 and an expression pedal. Six scenes are all I normally use for a gig. The onboard tuner is fantastic! Best sounding, easiest to use (after a rather steep learning curve because I'm new to the fractal universe), and most compact rig I've ever used.

I've been fortunate to not have been bothered by the bugs in the firmware
1.05 has been solid for my uses.

Back
Top Bottom