FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

@DaveO i think you mean it’s too bad he couldn’t get the Keystone in a floor unit.

I would gladly pay for that too. Put the full AxeIII in the FC12 chassis with 9 switches and take my money!

Yeah I'd absolutely be signed up for that. Keep in mind both the Helix Floor and Kemper Stage are both at the $1700 price point (although there would still likely have to be some compromise in power to get under $2k).

As I said before, what worries me is if the FM3 gets to be "too much trouble" to maintain and gets abandoned quickly. That's what happened with the AX8 and FX8. There's plenty to differentiate between the FM3 and Axe 3 to justify the price difference without adding support into the mix.

The FM3 truly is an awesome unit. The size is perfect and the sounds are just fantastic. Now that some of the growing pains are behind us, I hope they sell a ton of them because we'd all be sorely disappointed if they just stopped supporting it. I haven't used my Helix once since getting this thing!

@DaveO i think you mean it’s too bad he couldn’t get the Keystone in a floor unit.

I would gladly pay for that too. Put the full AxeIII in the FC12 chassis with 9 switches and take my money!
Yes that is correct, thanks for the clarification @ethomas1013 , not to beat a dead horse as endless posts on this back in May through 2019, and I'm a happy FM3 + FC6 owner btw but ideally for me a 3 in floor unit would have been perfered w/12 buttons...

Still no update? I’m thinking of buying other usb interface now. Have to wait this long to make this critical feature to be fixed. Seriously Ive opened this thread more than i imagined lol

Yeah I'd absolutely be signed up for that. Keep in mind both the Helix Floor and Kemper Stage are both at the $1700 price point (although there would still likely have to be some compromise in power to get under $2k).

As I said before, what worries me is if the FM3 gets to be "too much trouble" to maintain and gets abandoned quickly. That's what happened with the AX8 and FX8. There's plenty to differentiate between the FM3 and Axe 3 to justify the price difference without adding support into the mix.
all products get abandon, if your not willing to take a chance then so be it... I have an Aadvark Q10 that I stepped up for many years ago shortly after purchasing the company was belly up, I can tell you a story of Cakewalk another company I can proudly say I purchased almost every version upgrade into Sonars end... Point is if you dont support products they will not exist, fortunately in this channel there are plenty of individuals that keep them in business... If you want long term stability then Roland/Boss is your best investment.. I have a very old Eddirol UA-101 still works great on my Windows 10 and Mac PC's many years later after its release... While my time with FAS only dates back to 2016 and my AX8 I'm totally onboard... BTW my USB is working just fine for me... All the best

all products get abandon, if your not willing to take a chance then so be it... I have an Aadvark Q10 that I stepped up for many years ago shortly after purchasing the company was belly up, I can tell you a story of Cakewalk another company I can proudly say I purchased almost every version upgrade into Sonars end... Point is if you dont support products they will not exist, fortunately in this channel there are plenty of individuals that keep them in business... If you want long term stability then Roland/Boss is your best investment.. I have a very old Eddirol UA-101 still works great on my Windows 10 and Mac PC's many years later after its release... While my time with FAS only dates back to 2016 and my AX8 I'm totally onboard... BTW my USB is working just fine for me... All the best

Do you record via USB using FM3? Mac or Windows?

Do you record via USB using FM3? Mac or Windows?
HI Francis Manliclic, I'm using Windows 10 right now have and been wanting to use my pro logic on my apple laptop after the latest revision I purchased w/FM3 but, well just not enough time in the day.. I do have a recording posted for a the FM3 on my old Dell Precision 2810 tower, it's more of a example of how the JCM 800 sounds playing absolutely clean doing a causal solo arrangement. I can say if you want a low cost used DAW that has a great driver look for used UA-101 but its old..
Anyways cheers....

all products get abandon, if your not willing to take a chance then so be it...
That's true. I just think the worry is that there have been so many hiccups along the way with FM3, that Fractal will throw their hands up and walk away from it early. I certainly hope that doesn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom