FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.04

So making sure I understand correctly:
  • No issue with the amp and delay blocks displaying incorrectly if you're not using FM3 Edit
  • If you do use FM3E, just change channels on the amp/delay to get FM3E to display correctly
  • If you do use FM3E, don't click the pitch block (or at least have looked at the hardware and know what the mix should be)

Is all that accurate?

• No issue with the amp and delay blocks displaying incorrectly if you're not using FM3 Edit
  • If you do use FM3E, just change channels on the amp/delay to get FM3E to display correctly
  • If you do use FM3E, don't click the pitch block (or at least have looked at the hardware and know what the mix should be)

Is all that accurate?
as far as i know, yes.

Not sure if this was meant to be a summary of current issues. Make sure to include the USB issues as well. USB plugged in with power off leaves the lights on...no FM3E open. I also can't power up the unit with the USB plugged in..or the screen goes white and doesn't boot up properly. I was told by support that this is being looked at with the current FW.

It seems that Windows/ASIO audio does not work, but I run Mac with no issues there, so I can’t test that.

i haven't had a lot of time to debug this, but after upgrading to 1.04 i can't get the fm3 to connect to windows at all. I'll have to mess with the drivers and see what's going on, but no edit or bot, and the driver utility also doesnt show an fm3 connected. is that related to the same issue?

i haven't had a lot of time to debug this, but after upgrading to 1.04 i can't get the fm3 to connect to windows at all. I'll have to mess with the drivers and see what's going on, but no edit or bot, and the driver utility also doesnt show an fm3 connected. is that related to the same issue?
I had this same issue, only on MacOS instead of Windows. I had to revert back to 1.03 and it's been working since.

I'm sure there are instructions but without fractal bot communicating how did you downgrade?
I just had to keep trying until it finally connected. Took like 10 restarts or so.
Page 102 of the manual shows how to run in Recovery Mode. hold down Page Left and Page Right at the same time when you power it on. Although that sometimes didn't work either. Sometimes it would just be a white screen. But it connected eventually and I was able to revert.

Not sure if this was meant to be a summary of current issues. Make sure to include the USB issues as well. USB plugged in with power off leaves the lights on...no FM3E open. I also can't power up the unit with the USB plugged in..or the screen goes white and doesn't boot up properly. I was told by support that this is being looked at with the current FW.

Are there reports of other users experiencing this? I cannot duplicate any of this.

I had this same issue, only on MacOS instead of Windows. I had to revert back to 1.03 and it's been working since.

Which OS? I have not had any problems connecting with USB with Catalina.

Are there reports of other users experiencing this? I cannot duplicate any of this.

I've seen this mentioned by several. Some said it was a hardware issue and the unit had to be replaced. Support told me to wait until the next release to get it resolved. I sent them video of it happening as well...doesn't seem like it's a FW issue or everyone would be experiencing it.

Back
Top Bottom