FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.04

I'm trying to update to 1.04(Mac)and I'm able to choose the fm3 from the bot,but when I click on input or output I get a dropdown menu that has 7 choices of /dev/cu.WF!! No clue whats going on.
thanks in advance

Is anyone getting a lot of feedback with higher gain? I've never had feedback before in a modeler.

Try the Atomica High amp model, put gain on 10, then adjust the master volume up a little bit, getting a lot of squealing almost microphonic feedback.

I'm doing a backup and will try rolling back and see what happens.

Is anyone getting a lot of feedback with higher gain? I've never had feedback before in a modeler.

Try the Atomica High amp model, put gain on 10, then adjust the master volume up a little bit, getting a lot of squealing almost microphonic feedback.

It's not the 1.04 as it happens in 1.03, so continuing to troubleshoot.

I just noticed this with super high gain amps. I am running output 2 into a power amp and guitar cabinet, and and output one with a cab sim into my studio monitors. I get horrible squealing when output one knob is turned up anywhere past noon. I unplugged output one and the problem was still there on output 2 until I turned output 1 down even when there was nothing connected to output 1.
Try connecting output 2 only and turn down output one. The problem should go away. This seems like a big bug to me.

Last edited:
I'm trying to update to 1.04(Mac)and I'm able to choose the fm3 from the bot,but when I click on input or output I get a dropdown menu that has 7 choices of /dev/cu.WF!! No clue whats going on.
thanks in advance
If you have the latest version of Fractal Bot you should see an item "Fractal Audio Systems FM3" but it should also auto-connect when you choose FM3 device. Otherwise, you might see something like /dev/cu.usbmodem####

axe edit reverts all presets treble, mods, low to 5, was working fine before I downloaded new version. I did try reloading as well same result
This is a visual error. The correct settings are still there on hardware and thus the sound. It’s been reported several times by others so it will be fixed when possible.

Strange I didn’t experience this in an almost 2 hour livestream. Still haven’t seen it.

This is a visual error. The correct settings are still there on hardware and thus the sound. It’s been reported several times by others so it will be fixed when possible.

Strange I didn’t experience this in an almost 2 hour livestream. Still haven’t seen it.
I’ve never seen this, either. Makes you wonder what’s unique about these situations.

I saw this just recently and did a refresh (same as after FW update) and everything linked back and was showing the correct information. Initially freaked me out..... LOL....

Yeah, it has happened here.

Same here and I can confirm it's not just a visual issue - at least for me - the sound of my affected preset was noticeably different. Seemed to go away once I reset and re-saved everything, however.

Same here and I can confirm it's not just a visual issue - at least for me - the sound of my affected preset was noticeably different. Seemed to go away once I reset and re-saved everything, however.

So, is it safe to update to 1.04 or should I stay on 1.03? I really don’t want my presets to be affected.

Yeah, there's something wrong with this firmware for sure. Or Edit. Or both. I dialed in something at home that sounded great, made a tweak to a footswitch assignment, and went to rehearsal. The gain level when I powered on was double what I had at home. Something in Edit or the firmware had to have been caching a value for the drive knob in the amp from the previous preset. Like it remembered the gain level from a different amp on the preset I was working on before this one which had a higher gain amp and then Edit saved over the gain level on my lower gain amp setting. I had this problem with delay mixes too where Edit used the value of the delay mix from the previous preset I had loaded. I got it straight by editing and saving directly on the unit.

Afraid I'm going to have to use a different device until this gets straightened out. I wasted everyone's time for about 15 minutes getting everything right before we went to record.

Yeah, there's something wrong with this firmware for sure. Or Edit. Or both. I dialed in something at home that sounded great, made a tweak to a footswitch assignment, and went to rehearsal. The gain level when I powered on was double what I had at home. Something in Edit or the firmware had to have been caching a value for the drive knob in the amp from the previous preset. Like it remembered the gain level from a different amp on the preset I was working on before this one which had a higher gain amp and then Edit saved over the gain level on my lower gain amp setting. I had this problem with delay mixes too where Edit used the value of the delay mix from the previous preset I had loaded. I got it straight by editing and saving directly on the unit.

Afraid I'm going to have to use a different device until this gets straightened out. I wasted everyone's time for about 15 minutes getting everything right before we went to record.

Yeah, I'll definitely be sticking with 1.03 until this gets sorted out. What a mess.

Will go back to 1.03 also.....I guess. Lots of weird stuff going on with 1.04 as well. Pretty disappointing experience so far with this thing. As good as it sounds, I've never owned a unit that has had these many issues and weird things going on.

i tested this a bit again and i see a visual issue in the Amp and Delay block. when you change presets, many (not all) of the Values of the knobs in the Amp and Delay block display the numbers/knob position from the previous preset.

this does not affect the sound.

from there, if you go to the Edit view of the Amp or Delay block on hardware, Edit updates the values visually to the correct ones. but the sound never changes.

i also tried going to a new preset, seeing the "old" values, then pressing Save. the "old" wrong values do NOT save or overwrite what is actually there (visible on hardware). instead, the preset is saved (with no changes) and the correct values are displayed - nothing changed.

i also went to a new preset, seeing the "old" values, then changed just one parameter to see if that somehow "locked in" the other visual errors. it did not. changing that one value and saving only changed that one value, and the other knobs snapped to the correct values (visible on hardware) as before.

as far as i can tell, there is just a visual issue where Edit does not update the values of the Amp and Delay blocks in a preset you go to, instead displaying the values of the last preset you were on. again, only visual. if you go to the Edit screen of the Amp or Delay block on hardware, the correct values immediately load. the sound does not change in any of my tests, it's purely visual.

i'll keep testing to see if i can recreate any other issues mentioned in this thread, but during testing and after release, i did not see anything like what's been mentioned.

Last edited:
And yet another applause for the guys at FractalAudio! The FM3 is just superb. I just got my presets from the AXE II to it and yet they sound somehow better :) Though I'm missing the de-phase a little, there is an amazing library of IR's that I can pick from and sound even better.

Back
Top Bottom