FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.04

There are also new factory presets for this version of firmware. Click here to download FM3 Factory Presets 1.04.
There are a couple of "mistakes" in the factory presets. These aren't new, I'm pretty sure they predate the reworked 1.04 presets.

#8 Plexi 50W: Scene one is titled "6550" but uses the "1987X Treble" model instead of "Plexi 50W 6550", which I assume was the intended model. There's already a scene for the 1987X Treble model.

#17 AC20 Deluxe: Scene three is titled "12AX7 Treble" but uses the "12AX7 Bass" model of the AC20. There's already a scene for the 12AX7 Bass channel. This preset also has the reverb set to high quality which pushes the CPU up to 82-83%.

I've updated firmware, FM3 Edit, and presets. I am having an issue with FM3 Edit reading my Delay blocks correctly. The editor shows the same type of delay no matter which preset I switch to, but the FM3 itself will show the correct delay type if I go to edit it on the unit.

Anybody else having this issue? I see some are having issues with FM3 Edit reading the amp block correctly.

I've updated firmware, FM3 Edit, and presets. I am having an issue with FM3 Edit reading my Delay blocks correctly. The editor shows the same type of delay no matter which preset I switch to, but the FM3 itself will show the correct delay type if I go to edit it on the unit.

Anybody else having this issue? I see some are having issues with FM3 Edit reading the amp block correctly.

Had the same issue. The delay blocks in all of my presets were showing Digital Mono in FM3 edit. On the unit, there were showing correctly. Latest FW and latest FM3 edit

Had the same issue. The delay blocks in all of my presets were showing Digital Mono in FM3 edit. On the unit, there were showing correctly. Latest FW and latest FM3 edit

Yeah, something's definitely off here. It's either Digital Mono or Digital Stereo for me. I can confirm on the hardware that they are showing correctly as well.

Still some issues to sort out with FM3 Edit. It won't display saved blocks in the disclosure window unless you save (whatever's active), then it will show that, plus all the other previous saves for that block. However, some presets not made with the latest FM3 Edit are now inoperable (muted not possible to activate) For the time being, I'm just saving full presets, and not block presets or loading block presets, and that seems to work fine. Loving the Economy Mode for reverbs: About 11% CPU at low density: perfect for 4%-8% mix reverb.

Maybe everyone posting about issues with FM3-EDIT should post in the FM3-EDIT thread? Seems like a better place to focus those problems since the hardware is correct, meaning the firmware is not likely the issue...

Just updated the Firmware, didn’t bother with the factory presets, because I don’t use them anyhow.

I dunno if it’s in my head, but my presets feel and sound more, I dunno, “3D” ?

Great job.

I had the same impression but I hadn’t played all week so I was hesitant to give the update more credit than was due but I have to say, it’s reeeaally closing the gap on my 100 watt plexi head which wasn’t a big gap to begin with. (I compared them by having my Marshall plugged into Suhr RL into pro tools with a IR plug in so they were on a level playing field. FM3 was also run into pro tools using the same IR plug in for cabs.) Definitely recommend this firmware. Matchless EF86 is no slouch either.

There are a couple of "mistakes" in the factory presets. These aren't new, I'm pretty sure they predate the reworked 1.04 presets.

#8 Plexi 50W: Scene one is titled "6550" but uses the "1987X Treble" model instead of "Plexi 50W 6550", which I assume was the intended model. There's already a scene for the 1987X Treble model.

Just thought I should add that whether it is correct or not, this is the same behavior for the Plexi 50W preset on the AxeFx 3.

Back
Top Bottom