FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.04

Hey guys I am experiencing a buffering/clipping sort of artifact on one of my presets now. It seems to be the only one after the update that is doing this.

Any suggestions?

hey guys, gonna livestream in a few minutes. i'm installing everything released right now. just going to hangout and answer any questions, while i go through the release and Factory Presets for myself.

i stream on YouTube, Twitch, Mixer and Facebook at the same time, so join your preferred platform and join the chat! details and links are in the first post here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-fw-1-04-released-6-5-2020-6-45pm-edt.161430/

Cancelled my weekend appointments, and backed out of my obligations. Relationship issues, you know: Improving the relationship between guitars and the FM3: they need more quality time together.

attached below
i'm working on this preset live on stream right now :D

i found when i remove the first delay block the problem goes away. let me explore this more.

further exploration shows that if you change the Low Cut in your 1st Delay block Channel A to 20.0, the clicking goes away. i then changed types to something else, then back to Stereo Tape and could not get the issue again. so this might be due to old parameters stored in a block or something.

for now just change Low Cut to 20.0 Hz

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 2.27.37 PM.png

i also notice in Scene 2, there is a 2nd delay block also set to Stereo Tape - change the Low Cut in this one as well.

any reason you use 2 different Delay blocks rather than just changing channels on the one for the different Scenes?

Last edited:
Minor bug:

I have the tuner set to the hold function of a stand-in switch. I have my switches set for the hold function on Switch Up.

When the switch is released, the tuner is engaged, but the FM3 switches to view 1 of the current layout. I do not have a Layout Link assigned to the hold function of the Stand-in Switch so it should not change views.

If I change the hold function to Automatic, the FM3 does not change to view 1 when the hold function is executed. So this only appears to be a problem when the hold function is set to switch up.

USS FM3!

USS_Enterprise_%28NCC-1701-A%29.jpg

I just updated to 1.04 and ALL of my amp dials in my presets have been turned to 12 o'clock. Anyone else have this issue?
I backed up my presets before I updated and I just imported one of them and even those dials are all set to noon as well. Hmm

EDIT: It's fixed now. I don't know what happened. I didn't restart or anything. I went to take a screenshot and the dials were all back to normal. Weird.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom