FM3 Firmware Release 1.04 Public Beta 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. But I will make do with similar offerings. I have other issues with the beta.
ah ok. I'm sure they will iron it all out. Looking forward to general release of 1.04, then we can look forward to the latest pitch block enhancements for next beta (maybe???) lol. That is awesome on the 3.

weird....I just heard a strange squealing on the fm3 (high pitched) - No guitar plugged in, then the used rebooted on its own. I've already rolled back to beta 7. Beta 8 was causing lockups. Not sure if the new FM3 edit might be causing issues??? This is strange and concerning if I choose to play out this weekend. I think I will roll back to old FM3 edit for now.

It’s nice when a lot of ppl have the same bugs in beta (much easier to locate and squash). It’s the oddball one-offs that are way more concerning. Thanks to all the beta testers here.

Has anyone experienced graphics artifacts or glitches on the display with this firmware? I just got my FM3 back after having the display replaced under warranty because white horizontal lines would randomly flash across the screen. I'm seeing the same freaking thing on this one and I'm just hoping it isn't a hardware issue that's going to require another RMA.

I was on a preset that had CPU utilization a little under 80%, connected via USB to my Mac, recording in Logic, had FM3 Edit open, and had an FC6 attached. I guess that could have put a heavy load on the CPU, but could that even lead to graphics artifacts? I mean, what are the odds that I got two defective displays in a row? Surely the failure rate isn't that high.
My FM3 exhibits the same exact symptoms. I emailed support and was told it's a FW issue

My FM3 exhibits the same exact symptoms. I emailed support and was told it's a FW issue
Really? They just had me ship mine back a second time. It’s probably not related to the firmware in my case, before I shipped it off the first time the lines would even appear on the boot splash screen. Either way, I’m pretty frustrated. I’ve owned pretty much every FAS device since the Ultra and this one has had more hardware and firmware problems than all the others combined.

This is what I'm seeing:
N7GJWwim.jpg

Last edited:
Really? They just had me ship mine back a second time. It’s probably not related to the firmware in my case, before I shipped it off the first time the lines would even appear on the boot splash screen. Either way, I’m pretty frustrated. I’ve owned pretty much every FAS device since the Ultra and this one has had more hardware and firmware problems than all the others combined.

This is what I'm seeing:
N7GJWwim.jpg
Agree, very frustrating experience so far.

Agree, very frustrating experience so far.
If frustrations are mostly coming from a public beta, I’m not sure that’s a fair judgment. Betas are not finished firmware and can have issues. We’ve experienced some of that in these betas which should be understood before loading.

I’ve not heard of any showstoppers in release version 1.03.

If frustrations are mostly coming from a public beta, I’m not sure that’s a fair judgment. Betas are not finished firmware and can have issues. We’ve experienced some of that in these betas which should be understood before loading.

Right, if you’re going to get frustrated a lot, skip the beta releases.

And while I’m at it, if you’re going to complain about cpu and not being able to put every possible block in a preset, skip the FM3 altogether. Be happy.

I think we've been spoiled over the years with betas being pretty solid for FAS products. I'm sure we can all agree the FM3 betas have not been that.

Most of my frustration stems from having to send mine back twice for the same hardware problem. But to be fair, some people experiencing USB issues were encouraged to install the 1.04 beta.

I think we've been spoiled over the years with betas being pretty solid for FAS products. I'm sure we can all agree the FM3 betas have not been that.
Agreed, but that doesn’t make them not a beta, unfinished firmware with potential issues. I’m sure the issues were not intended or calculated. That’s why we test.

But to be fair, some people experiencing USB issues were encouraged to install the 1.04 beta.
this may have been further testing to see if the issue was solved. I think any beta is presented with the intent to release officially as fast as possible. Unfortunately other issues popped up prolonging this particular cycle. All will be well as soon as possible. It may have made more sense to fix the USB issue in 1.04 along with the other improvements rather than just on its own, increasing the revision number further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom