FM3 Firmware Release 1.04 Public Beta 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installation, everything hung on the FM3 splash screen. Turned off and back on and rebooted fine. Went into a preset to mess with a stand in switch, fiddle around for a few and when I finish editing the unit locks, then after about 10 seconds of now sound and no buttons responding the unit shuts off and wouldn't turn back on for about 10 seconds. Waited then flicked the power switch and it booted up fine. Will continue to monitor but that was a little odd.

This patch has converted every amp channel in my main preset to the same amp

I'm experiencing the same issue. I was just dialling in a preset using 4 channels of the Multidelay block. When I save the preset, change to another preset, and then revisit the same preset all channels are saved as whatever the last channel I was on. issues persists whether using the front panel or Axe-Edit.

Edit: I just rolled back to 1.04 beta 7 and my existing presets remain untouched which is nice.

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced graphics artifacts or glitches on the display with this firmware? I just got my FM3 back after having the display replaced under warranty because white horizontal lines would randomly flash across the screen. I'm seeing the same freaking thing on this one and I'm just hoping it isn't a hardware issue that's going to require another RMA.

I was on a preset that had CPU utilization a little under 80%, connected via USB to my Mac, recording in Logic, had FM3 Edit open, and had an FC6 attached. I guess that could have put a heavy load on the CPU, but could that even lead to graphics artifacts? I mean, what are the odds that I got two defective displays in a row? Surely the failure rate isn't that high.

Heres a bug.

When accessing the tuner from the hold function of a stand-in switch with HoldFuntionMode set to SWITCHUP, the FM3 switches to View 1 when the tuner is accessed. If HoldFunctionMode is set to AUTOMATIC, the current view is maintained when the tuner is accessed. The view changing does not occur if the tuner is assigned to the hold function on one of the FM3 switches.

Man, so many crashes in so little time with this one. FM3 edit connected: on unit, go to layout, zoom out, attempting to navigate around blocks on FM3 (crash). Attempting to adjust block level on FM3 (crash).

With USB disconnected, there is still a significant lag from when I push a navigation button to when it moves on the unit (~1 second or so) and the meter/tuner is laggy as well.

Also, FM3 Edit is painfully slow to the point of uselessness and freezing and having to constantly restart - granted, my preset is using about 81-83% CPU, but not being able to edit on the PC just because a preset is using 4/5ths of the available CPU is something that probably needs to be addressed.

Attachments

• Meat & WAHpatoes.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Man, so many crashes in so little time with this one. FM3 edit connected: on unit, go to layout, zoom out, attempting to navigate around blocks on FM3 (crash). Attempting to adjust block level on FM3 (crash)

Can't reproduce that here.

Also, FM3 Edit is painfully slow to the point of uselessness and freezing and having to constantly restart - granted, my preset is using about 81-83% CPU, but not being able to edit on the PC just because a preset is using 4/5ths of the available CPU is something that probably needs to be addressed.

Yes, the editor is painfully slow at high CPU numbers. 80% is the limit per the manual (the red warning is a clue). There’s a lot going on in the background.
I compare it to my MacBook, which operates very slow when battery is lower than 5%.
It’s just a number. Think of 80% as 99% and it becomes clear that you should not build presets with higher CPU usage.

Tip: you're using two IRs but you don't need stereo output from the Cab block. You can save some CPU by mixing to IRs into a single one, in Cab-Lab.

Last edited:
I juast
I'm experiencing the same issue. I was just dialling in a preset using 4 channels of the Multidelay block. When I save the preset, change to another preset, and then revisit the same preset all channels are saved as whatever the last channel I was on. issues persists whether using the front panel or Axe-Edit.

Edit: I just rolled back to 1.04 beta 7 and my existing presets remain untouched which is nice.
I have to play this weekend so I rolled back as well for now. Crash on bootup as well as freezing and powering off on its own. Only happened the one time but beta 7 was pretty stable

Can't reproduce that here.
I don't know; I've already had to shut it off and restart it several more times since my post because of it. I go to change the amp block level, the thing screams at me, both FM3 edit and the unit itself become unresponsive and all you hear is the high-pitched noise. Oh well.

This patch has converted every amp channel in my main preset to the same amp
I was having a similar issue; I would go to copy an amp channel (say, C to B) and it would copy that amp channel to EVERY channel. Doesn't happen every time, though.

Ugh. Just spent an hour tweaking and leveling a 4-scene preset, only to lose it ALL to the bug that makes all channels of an amp the same. So furious right now. Might just turn it off and leave it off until there's a stable release.

Last edited:
I don't know; I've already had to shut it off and restart it several more times since my post because of it. I go to change the amp block level, the thing screams at me, both FM3 edit and the unit itself become unresponsive and all you hear is the high-pitched noise. Oh well.

For the record, I'm not debating your report. Just saying that it doesn't happen here.

Wow, I don’t remember the AX8 having this much trouble with the firmware updates.
I’m sure they’ll figure it all out soon....

Weird, it doesn't happen with the factory presets.

I don't see it happening with presets I made from scratch either.

I take it back. It's happening for me now. I'm going to roll back to 1.03. As much as I wanted amp parity with the III, I'm going to make do without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom