FM3 Firmware Release 1.04 Public Beta 7

I know you said block, but I have a bug report for channels. Maybe related. Same behavior with the 'no sound' or 'big sound'.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/channel-copy-paste-issue.161717/
Yes, I believe what @austinbuddy describes is related to this. We are working on this one, still. I believe it's another one that has always been there, but recent changes made it a lot more noticeable.

@BryantP Are the output clipping indicators a little too sensitive? Mine seem to be lighting well under clipping. Same exact preset loaded into my Axe-III does not show clipping of the output.
I haven't had reports of this. Is this across many presets or just a couple? If it's just a couple, please send me one or two of them.

Has anything been found regarding the pop when changing some presets? Has anyone confirmed the issue from my posted presets? Just a note.... you need to have your guitar volume up. I gigged the beta FW Saturday night. Sounded awesome. I kept the volume down while changing any presets and encountered no issues. I know.... I was living dangerously.
Still looking at this, too. I think it's related to the bug referenced above (the copy/paste).

BTW - MANY of the FACTORY presets are over 80% CPU which seems to cause me (and others here) a lot of issues. Why design and include factory presets over the recommended CPU percentage? Makes no sense. Yea I can modify them, but it's a hassle.

Last edited:
BTW - MANY of the FACTORY presets are over 80% CPU which seems to cause me (and others here) a lot of issues? Why design and include factory presets over the recommended CPU percentage? Makes no sense. Yea I can modify them, but it's a hassle.

There will be a new round of factory presets to address this issue once the beta is moved to release.

If new presets simply delete a block here and there what's the point? I can't fill a single row, and that's not being excessive. I'm having doubt's about this machine :(

If new presets simply delete a block here and there what's the point? I can't fill a single row, and that's not being excessive. I'm having doubt's about this machine :(

I don't think the CPU is any more or less powerful than the AX8, and that unit works fine. I haven't really run into a limitation on the FM3 that isn't addressable by some thoughtful preset planning, again, just like the AX8. And my patches for P&W can have some effects heavy configurations.

If the FM3 doesn't cut it, CPU-wise, there's always the III. I have one of those also, and find myself using the FM3 more often than not.

Hey !
Yup, all good man....waiting the beta as out well :)
Congrats on the CLR NGD :)
you see the new Steve Stevens video ? whooooa, hope they translate well to FM3.

BTW - MANY of the FACTORY presets are over 80% CPU which seems to cause me (and others here) a lot of issues. Why design and include factory presets over the recommended CPU percentage? Makes no sense. Yea I can modify them, but it's a hassle.

This...
The factory presets were exhaustively tested before they were released. Then something interesting happened. New firmware was released. Again and again. Each new firmware brought improvements, and some of those improvements ate up more CPU. That pushed some of the factory presets over the top.

This will be addressed in future firmware and preset releases.

Hey !
Yup, all good man....waiting the beta as out well :)
Congrats on the CLR NGD :)
you see the new Steve Stevens video ? whooooa, hope they translate well to FM3.

I did not , I love Steve Stevens though , I just checked the vid looks cool , he is using dual amps though on some , so they would have to separate the AC/Plexi for the Fm3 , I would guess

I don't think the CPU is any more or less powerful than the AX8, and that unit works fine. I haven't really run into a limitation on the FM3 that isn't addressable by some thoughtful preset planning, again, just like the AX8. And my patches for P&W can have some effects heavy configurations.

If the FM3 doesn't cut it, CPU-wise, there's always the III. I have one of those also, and find myself using the FM3 more often than not.
Yeah, I had to use an H9 with the AX8 but that loses the convenience factor. It has to be easier than sitting my AxeFxIII rack down and running a cable to the FC12. I'm ok with the 3 switches but geez, you run out of cpu pretty easily even on a lot of factory presets.
Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 3.02.04 PM.png

Reactions: JD_
Yeah, I had to use an H9 with the AX8 but that loses the convenience factor. It has to be easier than sitting my AxeFxIII rack down and running a cable to the FC12. I'm ok with the 3 switches but geez, you run out of cpu pretty easily even on a lot of factory presets.
View attachment 67929
Factory presets were made on older firmware. It’s up because the latest features of the Axe3 are being brought to the FM3. that’s why work is being done with the public beta to bring it down.

Factory presets were made on older firmware. It’s up because the latest features of the Axe3 are being brought to the FM3. that’s why work is being done with the public beta to bring it down.
I understand Chris, thanks. Just makes me wonder how long it will be able to keep up with the III's advancements. f.ex. the pitch block

Here are the presets. Please ignore the name as it is a longtime nick name..... LOL..... CPU is around 78% 6 Scenes. I am using Scene Control to vary volume for solo boost. Other than that pretty straight forward. Filter block is assigned as a quick on off boost that I use for scene one. Just to add.... OMG9 Layout using FC-6.

I found your bug I think. Remove the scene controller on the Amp Output Level and Use the Scene Levels on the Output Block instead. I reported this to @BryantP.
The issue is that on first loading the preset the Amp Output is 0dB or maybe even +20dB which then gets squashed by the scene controller. That tiny lag on updating the parameter lets your audio rip through at painful levels. Using the Scene Volume instead on the Output block handles that.

If you want to use something before the output Scene values - so you have both Out 1 and Out 2 updated at the same time, then place a filter block or a mixer downstream of the amp and control that with a Scene Controller.

Here are the presets. Please ignore the name as it is a longtime nick name..... LOL..... CPU is around 78% 6 Scenes. I am using Scene Control to vary volume for solo boost. Other than that pretty straight forward. Filter block is assigned as a quick on off boost that I use for scene one. Just to add.... OMG9 Layout using FC-6.
i spent about an hour working on this. (darn patzag found it first! i should have checked the thread while i was working haha!)

i think it's the Scene controller on your Amp Level causing the clicking. i don't know exactly why, but when i copied the preset somewhere else, then went between 2 of the same exact preset, i got the click/pop in both presets.

for the next step BE CAREFUL, after removing it went to +20dB on the level for some reason.... turn down first!

i removed that scene controller and then going back and forth between the otherwise identical presets, the one without the Scene Controller never popped. only the one with the SC popped.

so turn down all the way, remove the scene controller, put the Amp level back to -20 or so, then see if it pops. we're just finding the cause. if removing it solves it, we can see why the SC is causing it, or if you could find a different way to adjust level, that might be best.

also, any reason you have the Amp panned full right in your presets?

Back
Top Bottom