FM3 Firmware Release 1.04 Public Beta 7

After installing the new FW 1.04 beta, I could not get the FM3 to connect with the updated FM3-Edit from May. The FW refresh took forever, like more than an hour and then I received a time-out error. Each subsequent power cycle also resulted in the connection time-out. I had to roll back the FM3 Edit software to 1.01.02. to get FM3 Edit to display any of the presets/blocks.
I had the same issue. Just went back to previous version of FM3 Edit and I was good. I'll wait to update anything else until the next stable version of each comes out.

Anyone notice an additional delayed signal dropout when changing scenes? It doesn't happen immediately - it can be around 5 seconds after switching scenes with FM3 Edit running. This disappears when the USB cable is disconnected.

Also, any word on fixing the dropout between scenes? It's obscenely long right now; like 300ms - not a big deal at home jamming but playing a song with the band with several parts, it can be quite a distraction. Otherwise, having a great time with it (just got it Wednesday).

Anyone notice an additional delayed signal dropout when changing scenes? It doesn't happen immediately - it can be around 5 seconds after switching scenes with FM3 Edit running. This disappears when the USB cable is disconnected.

Also, any word on fixing the dropout between scenes? It's obscenely long right now; like 300ms - not a big deal at home jamming but playing a song with the band with several parts, it can be quite a distraction. Otherwise, having a great time with it (just got it Wednesday).
Pause the editor. It's not intended to run while performing.

Five seconds? Never seen anything more than half a second before. It's what happens when any Fractal gear is connected to its editor.

Don't gig with FM3-Edit connected. ;)

Running latest Fm3-Edit and public beta, I am having trouble cutting (that works) and then pasting (doesn't work right) a Delay block across presets, or pulling the Delay block from the library. Some value is being offset or something upon paste throws it all off. I let M@tt know. There are two delays in it, the Vintage digital and Stereo Tape, each has a 1/4 temp and dotted 1/8th tempo. I either get no dry sound then the dleay signals, or a big direct sound and it looks like the Mix/Level/ controls go crazy after pasting. This process worked fine until recently (been assembling a new Tonepack for FM3). Just putting in here for the record.

Running latest Fm3-Edit and public beta, I am having trouble cutting (that works) and then pasting (doesn't work right) a Delay block across presets, or pulling the Delay block from the library. Some value is being offset or something upon paste throws it all off. I let M@tt know. There are two delays in it, the Vintage digital and Stereo Tape, each has a 1/4 temp and dotted 1/8th tempo. I either get no dry sound then the dleay signals, or a big direct sound and it looks like the Mix/Level/ controls go crazy after pasting. This process worked fine until recently (been assembling a new Tonepack for FM3). Just putting in here for the record.
I know you said block, but I have a bug report for channels. Maybe related. Same behavior with the 'no sound' or 'big sound'.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/channel-copy-paste-issue.161717/

Five seconds? Never seen anything more than half a second before.

Sorry; I wasn't clear; the tiny gap happens about 5 seconds following a scene change. In any case, with the editor paused, it's not an issue. There's still the gap between scenes though, no matter what, so I hope that gets sorted out soon.

Sorry; I wasn't clear; the tiny gap happens about 5 seconds following a scene change. In any case, with the editor paused, it's not an issue. There's still the gap between scenes though, no matter what, so I hope that gets sorted out soon.
Are you changing amp channels when you change scenes?

Are you changing amp channels when you change scenes?
Yeah. I'm not concerned with the split-second audio gap that occurs several seconds after changing scenes when FM3 Edit is open. It's the gap that happens between scene changes no matter what that I hope gets sorted out. For the record, though, there still is a gap between scene changes with Edit running, but when it's running, there's an ADDITIONAL gap that occurs (again; that goes away when Edit is paused/disconnected).

Yeah. I'm not concerned with the split-second audio gap that occurs several seconds after changing scenes when FM3 Edit is open. It's the gap that happens between scene changes no matter what that I hope gets sorted out. For the record, though, there still is a gap between scene changes with Edit running, but when it's running, there's an ADDITIONAL gap that occurs (again; that goes away when Edit is paused/disconnected).
Five seconds, though? Have you measured that? That’s way longer than anything I’ve seen.

Yes, I have. When I'd make CPU-intensive presets on the Axe III, it would take 5-10 seconds for Axe Edit to catch up. I assume that's what's happening here. My preset is running around 80~ some odd percent CPU.

If I haven't been absolutely clear, the GAP itself is not 5 seconds; it goes like this: I change snaps > there's a split second gap between scenes > several seconds later, as Edit catches up, there's another split second studder/gap/dropout.

i do experience blocks "turning on" maybe 1 - 2 seconds after i change scenes on a near 80 CPU preset with FM3-Edit. i've never had the 5 seconds on the FM3 or the Axe3.

i think this is just how it works, as Edit wasn't meant for performance or seamless audio. not sure this can be changed.

It looks like the second audio gap happens when the cab updates. I made a quick video but it's hard to hear the second gap.

i think this is just how it works, as Edit wasn't meant for performance or seamless audio. not sure this can be changed.
Yep. Like I said, I'm not concerned about that anymore since it goes away when Edit is disconnected. I still hope they're working on faster/gapless scene changes, though :)

Yes, I have. When I'd make CPU-intensive presets on the Axe III, it would take 5-10 seconds for Axe Edit to catch up. I assume that's what's happening here. My preset is running around 80~ some odd percent CPU.

If I haven't been absolutely clear, the GAP itself is not 5 seconds; it goes like this: I change snaps > there's a split second gap between scenes > several seconds later, as Edit catches up, there's another split second studder/gap/dropout.
High-CPU presets can definitely slow down the interface. When the FM3 has to choose between processing audio and doing things like talking to FM3-Edit, it gives priority to processing the sound. That means that comms with FM3-Edit can occur later than they would otherwise. I've never experienced 5-10 seconds, though.

@BryantP Are the output clipping indicators a little too sensitive? Mine seem to be lighting well under clipping. Same exact preset loaded into my Axe-III does not show clipping of the output.

Last edited:
Update and update..so nice..wonderful, and
this makes me kick my Kemper stage ass!
I sold my STAGE a week after and I have not missed it at all .. Even for the Worship stuff it excels and with these updates it will surely produce more Magic. I made an Orange based preset on Exchange and to be honest I have never bonded with Orange but now its all I play.

My only issue so far is sound coming through when tuner is on. And chugging sounds digital on some presets Like Burgs MARSHALLS I get weird feedback digital when palm muting. I am trying to capture and send in.

My only issue so far is sound coming through when tuner is on.
You can turn that off. In the tuner, page over to Config.

And chugging sounds digital on some presets...
What does "digital" sound like?

Like Burgs MARSHALLS I get weird feedback digital when palm muting. I am trying to capture and send in.
Please post an audio clip of "weird feedback digital" so we can know what you're dealing with.

Has anything been found regarding the pop when changing some presets? Has anyone confirmed the issue from my posted presets? Just a note.... you need to have your guitar volume up. I gigged the beta FW Saturday night. Sounded awesome. I kept the volume down while changing any presets and encountered no issues. I know.... I was living dangerously.

Back
Top Bottom