FM3 Firmware Release 1.04 Public Beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryantP

Administrator
A public beta of FM3 firmware 1.04 beta 5 has been released. This corrects a squeal from an incorrect filter in the previous beta release.
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/1p0/fm3_dsp_rel_1p04_beta_5.zip

Please note that a new version of FM3 Edit has also been released. Find it here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-01-03-to-support-fw-1-04-public-beta-4.161174/

Release Notes:
• Improved latency when recording over USB​
• Improved resistance to audio dropouts and audio artifacts over USB​
• FC: Advanced Switch Page will no longer blank after the FC banner has been displayed​
• Scratchpad cabinets are now properly initialized to zero on boot​
• Block Updates​
o Amp: Align models with AxeFx-III​
o Gate: Improved Downward Expander​
o Input: Removed Impedance​
o Para EQ: Added High and Low Slope​
o Plex Delay: Added Stack/Hold​
o Reverb: Added Reverb Dispersion​
o Tremolo: Added Optical Trem​
o Improved preset switch time when using FM3-Edit for: Gate, Input, Multitap, Output, Para EQ, Plex Delay, Resonator, Reverb, Ringmod, Rotary, Synth Tentap, Tremolo, Volume, Wah​
• Controllers: Fix for LFO Astable type, Modifier added to ADSR Sustain Level​
• Fix for banner display issue on Layout-Tools page​
• Additional changes to aid in USB audio stability​
• FC: Prevent getting trapped in the Tuner display in certain circumstances when Reveal Hold is active​
• FC: Update Load Factory Default Layouts & Settings to include the View parameter for Layout Link​
• FC: Respond to the first press of stand-in switches​
• Clarify nomenclature for switch polarities in I/O, Pedal, Switch Settings​
• Corrected filter in the AMP block to alleviate the high gain squealing (introduced in 1.04 beta 4)​

Thanks very much for the quick turnaround from 1.04 beta 4. I will be trying this out as soon as my backup is finished.

I'm still getting some weird noise on palm mutes and also when with a ringing chord as it decays. I don't notice it on clean amps. I have attached a simple preset that this is happening with. It happens to a greater extent in presets that are more complex but I have tried to keep it as simple as I can.

Attachments

• Dirty Shirley.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
This did not fix it for me. Stock preset 003 Deluxe Verb, default scene (Scene 2), still has the weird artifact sounds.

unfortunately, for me the issue remains . I tried Mike D preset above to and the Deluxe .still lots of artifacts and distorted pops and squeals
worse on high gain but present in cleans and mid gain , I also got blank windows after loading MikeDpreset above and had to restart Fm3 twice

I only tried my HBE preset yesterday and it sounded fine, whereas on Beta 4 I could tell something was off right away. Sorry for the false confirmation.

The first press operation on Stand-In switches is definitely fixed, both tap and long press work first time now. Great job, much appreciated!

actually even back in 1.03 on some amps there is a little but of sizzle and unpleasant artifact in the top end frequency that I am hearing ,obviously 1.04 5 enhanced it , but it was masked but still there a bit in 3

1.03 really 1.02 had USB issues for some me included. 1.03 fixed that
it could be just my ears but there is a slight hint of top end nastiness creeping in that perhaps got magnified or compounded in 1.04

Yeah had a few USB issues I remember also.

Guess I will load 1.03.....for now. Tks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom