FM3 Firmware Release 1.04 Public Beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryantP

Administrator
A public beta of FM3 firmware 1.04 beta 4 has been released.
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/1p0/fm3_dsp_rel_1p04_beta_4.zip
Please note that a new version of FM3 Edit has also been released. Find it here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-01-03-to-support-fw-1-04-public-beta-4.161174/

Release Notes:
• Improved latency when recording over USB
• Improved resistance to audio dropouts and audio artifacts over USB
• FC: Advanced Switch Page will no longer blank after the FC banner has been displayed
• Scratchpad cabinets are now properly initialized to zero on boot
• Block Updates
o Amp: Align models with AxeFx-III
o Gate: Improved Downward Expander
o Input: Removed Impedance
o Para EQ: Added High and Low Slope
o Plex Delay: Added Stack/Hold
o Reverb: Added Reverb Dispersion
o Tremolo: Added Optical Trem
o Improved preset switch time when using FM3-Edit for: Gate, Input, Multitap, Output, Para EQ, Plex Delay, Resonator, Reverb, Ringmod, Rotary, Synth Tentap, Tremolo, Volume, Wah
• Controllers: Fix for LFO Astable type, Modifier added to ADSR Sustain Level
• Fix for banner display issue on Layout-Tools page
• Additional changes to aid in USB audio stability
• FC: Prevent getting trapped in the Tuner display in certain circumstances when Reveal Hold is active
• FC: Update Load Factory Default Layouts & Settings to include the View parameter for Layout Link
• FC: Respond to the first press of stand-in switches
• Clarify nomenclature for switch polarities in I/O, Pedal, Switch Settings

Last edited by a moderator:
The release notes say "Amp: Align models with AxeFX-III".

I see Triple Crest 2 and 3 in the amp list.

thats awesome thank you Bryant
one question because you had mentioned the amp block not being equal revision earlier. Will this potentially change the amp tones of current presets

thats awesome thank you Bryant
one question because you had mentioned the amp block not being equal revision earlier. Will this potentially change the amp tones of current presets
I don't think this release will change the amp tones of the current presets, but I didn't check them all.

I love that the editor update is aligned with the FW update. If updates occur less often but all the relevant bits work together, that's a good thing.

Ole cow......can you hear my Fred Flinstone shows runnin’ back to the FM3!
Beer, Friday night and Firmware...woot , woot !!

lol

Updated firmware and FM3-edit. A, B, C, D at the top are correct, but I get all different models showing in the lower left on each channel. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 6.59.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 6.59.28 PM.png
    441.3 KB · Views: 23
I'm getting sort of a ring modulator sound from the Wha block at the upper end of the sweep. It doesn't matter which Wah type I select. It also does not appear to be preset specific, but I can provide a preset if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom