FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 3

BryantP

Administrator
FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 3

Please note that this is a beta release. Before installing a beta release it is recommended you do a full backup of your presets, user cabs, and system configuration using Fractal-Bot. We welcome and encourage feedback.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/1p0/fm3_dsp_rel_1p06_beta_3.zip

Please install the NEW FACTORY PRESETS designed for firmware 1.06. Find them below:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/1p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v1p06.zip

A new version of FM3-Edit has also been released in conjunction with this firmware. Please find it here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-01-10.165145/

Release Notes:
• Fixed Pitch block Mix overriding custom settings.​
• Fixed Pitch block Custom Scale number not displaying correctly.​
• Fixes and improvements related to USB audio artifacts and buffering.​
• Third party MIDI “STATUS DUMP” command will now return the correct data.​
• Fixed some Presets freezing on startup.​
• Corrected default Negative Feedback for Deluxe Verb models.​
• Fixed PC Mapping not always loading designated scene.​
• MIDI Looper CC commands will now function properly after a power cycle.​
• Fix Contour parameter not working in Drive block for Shred Distortion type.​
• Align Plex block with Axe-Fx III.​
• Input 1 Source setting will no longer affect Input 2.​
• Improved modifier performance for external controllers (Wah “zippering”).​
• Improved performance of modifiers attached to Amp and Delay blocks.​
• FC: FC-6 and FM3 will now wrap Views correctly within Layout 9 (the “Master Layout Menu”).​
• Scene Revert will now take effect for scene changes via MIDI CC messages.​
• Removed “Diffusion” parameters from the Delay blocks due to CPU constraints.​

Last edited:
This one sucks for me... big time!... Removed “Diffusion” parameters from the Delay blocks due to CPU constraints.

This enabled me to setup one of the Delay blocks as a (very low CPU) Reverb stand-in. Removing that ability may put most of my presets out of reach in the FM3:(

I've been porting over some presets this week and was surprised how many were (barely) fitting with some creative thinking. But this will really change that.

@BryantP Any chance that there is another way around this? Maybe only remove that parameter from Delay block 1? Or slightly lower the Delay block resolution, or total available time, or something? Or add a new Delay model type (Faux Verb? Delay/Verb? Moke/Verb?..lol), optimized for that purpose, with other unnecessary(?) parameters removed?

Last edited:
OK I'll ask the dumb question. Are these "new" factory presets for newest version of 106 Beta, IOW, beta 3. or just a reminder that 106 has new presets?
Thanks

Any chance that there is another way around this? Maybe only remove that parameter from Delay block 1? Or slightly lower the Delay block resolution, or total available time, or something?
Sorry, @Moke. We'll definitely look at other options for the future but something had to be sacrificed to alleviate current issues. Like I've said before, the FM3 is built on a powerful platform but it's just not as powerful as the Axe-Fx III. Striking a balance is a process.

Sorry, @Moke. We'll definitely look at other options for the future but something had to be sacrificed to alleviate current issues. Like I've said before, the FM3 is built on a powerful platform but it's just not as powerful as the Axe-Fx III. Striking a balance is a process.
Understood. This will likely wreck many of my presets that have already been purchased, and end the possibility of adding many more (the sole reason for purchasing the FM3). I just started seriously porting over about 30 presets this week (took the week off from work). This will make all of that for nothing again.. Starting and stopping (free) preset updates is becoming a full time job.

Answering emails and issuing refunds will be keeping me busy too...:confused:

While unfortunate, the diffusion change is not a problem. It's a solution. At least for now.

Thanks for the continued work to get this thing running smoother! I'm sure if there is a workaround later, you guys will figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom