FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 2

What are exactly the problems with beta versions? If the USB recording problem is resolved with the current firmware I would like to install that

What are exactly the problems with beta versions? If the USB recording problem is resolved with the current firmware I would like to install that

I would agree, especially since you have the ability to roll it back to what you originally had.

BUG

Just to let you know that during REAMPING when using REAPER, both 1.06 versions are reamping all tracks and all sounds from my laptop (even the system sounds). I've just reverted to 1.05 and I can use my DI tracks again as 1.05 version works fine with the same settings.

I take it you don't have the occasional artifact or noise when recording via USB? Do you have a high sample rate?

occasional artifacts but manageable. Sample rate is 48k

my real usb problem is that every time I open reaper my fm3 start to suffer: first the tap tempo led goes crazy and then the buttons stop responding

my real usb problem is that every time I open reaper my fm3 start to suffer: first the tap tempo led goes crazy and then the buttons stop responding
That might be a reaper thing. My TR8S, upon starting reaper, immediately pegs the tempo to 300 BPM, and until I start playing or recording the track, it will stay there unless I roll it down manually on the device. To be fair, I haven't noticed what reaper does to the FM3 yet. I will pay attention tomorrow when I fire everything up.

So I did a full backup and installed the latest beta. Now there are no strange distortions anymore, playing and recording with FM3 USB in Reaper, but the audible latency is bigger than before...

So I did a full backup and installed the latest beta. Now there are no strange distortions anymore, playing and recording with FM3 USB in Reaper, but the audible latency is bigger than before...
when you say latency, what exactly do you mean?

are your speakers connected to the FM3, or is the signal going into the computer first, then out to speakers connected to the computer?

I mean a kind of double sound over the main one, like when you have a big reverb on, or a delay. One speaker was connected to the FM3 and the other to the audio interface

I mean a kind of double sound over the main one, like when you have a big reverb on, or a delay. One speaker was connected to the FM3 and the other to the audio interface
if this is during recording, the suggested method is to turn off software monitoring, as that always has latency (time for signal to go from FM3 through USB, then through the computer and DAW processing, then to come back out through speakers).

when recording, you would listen to the guitar directly through the FM3 outputs as that is real-time and immediate.

if this is during recording, the suggested method is to turn off software monitoring, as that always has latency (time for signal to go from FM3 through USB, then through the computer and DAW processing, then to come back out through speakers).

when recording, you would listen to the guitar directly through the FM3 outputs as that is real-time and immediate.

the monitor set up is important. But in my case is real latency what’s occurring with 1.06. Recordings don’t match the rest of the tracks because is a very small (but noticeable) delay between when I play and when is actually recorded. On the monitors is perfect, but in the playback the latency is present in the recorded track.

and is not bad timing!!!

I reverted to 1.05 and the latency went away so it’s definitely in 1.06 for me

Interesting okay. I have experienced some lag on the FM3 itself whenever connected to FM3-Edit, but that's mostly been reserved to really CPU intensive presets. Thanks for the insight though.

the monitor set up is important. But in my case is real latency what’s occurring with 1.06. Recordings don’t match the rest of the tracks because is a very small (but noticeable) delay between when I play and when is actually recorded. On the monitors is perfect, but in the playback the latency is present in the recorded track.

and is not bad timing!!!

I reverted to 1.05 and the latency went away so it’s definitely in 1.06 for me
Yes. Just trying to get the specifics from the other guy.

software monitoring latency is different from being written on the track out of time. Just making sure which one it is.

FWIW, I don't and haven't had USB issues with FW 1.05 or FW1.06b Firmware with recording. OSX Mojave on a 2018 iMac and High Sierra on a 2015 Macbook. I've recorded all FM3 Outputs (FM3 along with a UAD Apollo): Analog, USB and SPDIF at the same time and they all line up sample accurate (in Logic). Set the FM3 as the clock source when recording. I have no artifacts or glitches even at the lowest buffer setting of 32. (I/O latency will be project dependent on RAM, CPU, DAW track load etc.) I also use the FM3 as a stand alone interface: (Software monitoring off in DAW): With Output 1 as monitoring you get direct (no latency monitoring) of the FM3 along with the tracking using this setup: it works the same for any interface, not just the FM3. FM3 Edit whether open or off hasn't seemed to affect performance: I've had no problems with reamping a DI track through the FM3: looping the DI playback in the DAW through the FM3: and making the adjustments to the effects in FM3 Edit on the fly until I got what I liked, and then re-recording "printing" it in the DAW. Its easy to do and sound quality is top notch.

IME, USB issues can also be related to the OS prioritizing other tasks: even Wifi and Internet services, cloud checks, etc. So, while perhaps there are enhancements to be had with firmware upgrades and revisions; Turning off other apps that interfere with USB audio so it isn't competing with a hundred other tasks for CPU cycles might help. Seriously, I have no trouble whatever with the FM3s USB, stand alone, or in combination with other interfaces, so look into the I/O setup and OS audio preferences of the computer and DAW.

In that case it would be no reason for difference in latency between 1.05 and beta 1.06... and there is a difference. I had to revert to 1.05 and the latency is no longer present

I'm running 1.06 beta 2. I'm still getting USB sync issues occasionally. Using Logic Pro X on a Mac with buffer size all the way up. Logic is set for 48 kHz. If this isn't already a known issue I can submit more info.

I'm running 1.06 beta 2. I'm still getting USB sync issues occasionally. Using Logic Pro X on a Mac with buffer size all the way up. Logic is set for 48 kHz. If this isn't already a known issue I can submit more info.
Interesting. Are you getting digital artifacts in Logic Pro X when recording over USB? Sounds like little scratches or something.

Back
Top Bottom