FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 2

If you're not on the right channel, the level (amp) and Mix (Delay) will not be controlled by CS4. Ensure your scenes have these blocks on the right channel, or assign the modifier to ALL CHANNELS instead of Channel B only.
Yep, per design. Scene 2 and 4 are crunch modes that use amp channel B. I only use the Solo Boost (CS4) in crunch sound. This setup works like intended in 1.5, but doesn't yet in the 1.6 betas.

Yep, per design. Scene 2 and 4 are crunch modes that use amp channel B. I only use the Solo Boost (CS4) in crunch sound. This setup works like intended in 1.5, but doesn't yet in the 1.6 betas.
OK. Yes I see what you're saying in your earlier post. Indeed the mix amount is not properly affected by the mix position, when it is controlled by a modifier.

i believe Balance, Level and Mix parameters in Amp and Delay blocks are not working with modifiers in PB2. all other parameters in those blocks seem to work with modifiers, unless i missed something.
I re-verified this and believe it to be correct.

Did the update and new banks, but weird thing is ,I only have about 9 presets I made and didn't really care if I lost them, I go to down load all banks. It say i'll lose 384 pre set . down load banks and it still saved my presets 384 to 398 ,that normal?

Did the update and new banks, but weird thing is ,I only have about 9 presets I made and didn't really care if I lost them, I go to down load all banks. It say i'll lose 384 pre set . down load banks and it still saved my presets 384 to 398 ,that normal?
It installs factory presets from 0 to 383. It doesn’t touch anything above 383. That’s the 384 presets it said you’d lose.

Reactions: Rex
I can confirm that my USB audio playback has been fixed with the first beta release :) . I was having scene modifier issues in the amp block as described by others in the first beta. I will update to this second beta today and report back if they have been fixed.

Confirmed Fixed: Modifiers on Amp and Delay blocks now working.
I can also confirm that my scene modifiers on the Amp block level control are now working. Although after playing around I am enjoying using the per scene level control in the Output Block for leveling between scenes. It seems to make more sense to keep amp levels consistent per channel. It also gets more confusing to guess how the scene modifier values will convert into +/- dB values :sweatsmile:

After about 5mins of playing I get this message. Application freezes and FM3 unit itself becomes unresponsive too even with button/knob/toggle fiddling. 1.06beta 1 did not demonstrate this behavior, but beta 2 does. Presets updated to most current as well. Perhaps it's an issue with the Austin Buddy Live Gold presets and how it pulls info?

After about 5mins of playing I get this message. Application freezes and FM3 unit itself becomes unresponsive too even with button/knob/toggle fiddling. 1.06beta 1 did not demonstrate this behavior, but beta 2 does. Presets updated to most current as well. Perhaps it's an issue with the Austin Buddy Live Gold presets and how it pulls info?
Started a conversation with you...

Is the scene changing faster? Seems much more seamless than before. Either way! It’s coming along great and I still lose hours playing.

Probable bug. I have a Disaster Area MIDI baby connecting my Fractal EV2 to the MIDI in to control the volume block. I set it up to work on external1. It has been working for the past 2 or 3 weeks on FW1.05.

I updated to FW1.06b1 when it came out and have been on that since. I just happened to notice tonight that the pedal is no longer working. I tried a few things such as making sure the volume block was still using external1 for the volume modifier and checking the programming of the MIDI Baby. After spending a little time with no progress, I decided to update to FW1.06b2 figuring that would fix the problem.

Unfortunately, it still wasn't working so I went back to FW1.05 and it is working on that firmware version. I am including the preset I am using.

Attachments

• Main Rig (Brit 800 mod).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Probable bug. I have a Disaster Area MIDI baby connecting my Fractal EV2 to the MIDI in to control the volume block. I set it up to work on external1. It has been working for the past 2 or 3 weeks on FW1.05.

I updated to FW1.06b1 when it came out and have been on that since. I just happened to notice tonight that the pedal is no longer working. I tried a few things such as making sure the volume block was still using external1 for the volume modifier and checking the programming of the MIDI Baby. After spending a little time with no progress, I decided to update to FW1.06b2 figuring that would fix the problem.

Unfortunately, it still wasn't working so I went back to FW1.05 and it is working on that firmware version. I am including the preset I am using.
I think that's been reported by @chris
Midi baby 3 here.

I have not had a chance to load PB2, still on PB1.
Are Control switches working right now ?

Not a show-stopper, but I thought I'd report it.

1. Updated to 1.06b2 with latest Fractal-Bot and FA USB drivers, following all instructions.
  2. Opened latest version of FM3-Edit, and waited until block definition read-in finished.
  3. Tried to open Presets drop-down - unresponsive.
  4. Scenes, menubar items are responsive.
  5. Restarted FM3-Edit - hangs trying to reconnect ("Query device version: query_sys_info")
  6. Closed FM3-Edit; power-cycled FM3.
  7. Opened FM3-Edit - able to connect and manipulate presets
Windows 10.0.18362 Pro

Not sure if a bug... I’m trying to set a modifier to the mix level on the octave divider. I want the mix to increase as I go higher in the fretboard. Had set the min and max at 8%-30% but it does nothing... if I set another kind of modifier I can see the encoder moving but it does nothing with the pitch follower

Each time I press exit and then select modifier again the value of mix is reset (from 14 to 18%) but is not following anything

7ED37B75-4A24-4EAE-9F6E-9CF55F19BDCD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom