FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 2

BryantP

Administrator
FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 2

Please note that this is a beta release. Before installing a beta release it is recommended you do a full backup of your presets, user cabs, and system configuration using Fractal-Bot. We welcome and encourage feedback.

This will fix the issue introduced in 1.06 beta 1 that prevented some modifiers on the amp and delay blocks from working.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/1p0/fm3_dsp_rel_1p06_beta_2.zip

Please install the NEW FACTORY PRESETS designed for firmware 1.06. Find them below:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/1p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v1p06.zip

Release Notes:
• Fixed Pitch block Mix overriding custom settings.​
• Fixed Pitch block Custom Scale number not displaying correctly.​
• Fixes for USB audio artifacts and buffer handling.​
• Third party MIDI “STATUS DUMP” command will now return the correct data.​
• Fixed some Presets freezing on startup.​
• Corrected default Negative Feedback for Deluxe Verb models.​
• Fixed PC Mapping not always loading designated scene.​
• MIDI Looper CC commands will now function properly after a power cycle.​
• Fix Contour parameter not working in Drive block for Shred Distortion type.​
• Align Plex block with Axe-Fx III.​
• Input 1 Source setting will no longer affect Input 2.​
• Improved modifier performance for external controllers (Wah “zippering”).​
• Improved performance of modifiers attached to Amp and Delay blocks.​
• FC: FC-6 and FM3 will now wrap Views correctly within Layout 9 (the “Master Layout Menu”).​

Thank you @BryantP! I am new here, but that support is outstanding!! ...Of course, as many of us, I hope that somewhen soon we'll get the AX updates like the new drives and spkr compression, etc for the FM3 as well (a wish, not a complaint!). You guys rock!!

@BryantP Thanks for the update! If I had installed the Beta 1 last night with the new presets, would you advise just updating to Beta2 AND reloading the new presets again or would I be okay just updating the firmware? Thanks.

I use Control Switch 4 to change 3 parameters as part of a solo boost (amp output level, amp input boost, and delay mix).

E.g.
1597949471785.png 1597949688996.png

None of the three modifiers seemed to work with either beta. Back to 1.5, working as expected. Otherwise I had no issues with the two betas.

Attachments

• TEN 1.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
I use Control Switch 4 to change 3 parameters as part of a solo boost (amp output level, amp input boost, and delay mix).

E.g.
View attachment 71625 View attachment 71627

None of the three modifiers seemed to work with either beta. Back to 1.5, working as expected. Otherwise I had no issues with the two betas.
Loaded and tested your preset with this latest Beta. Working as expected:
Delay mix goes to 11.5
Amp Input Boost activates
Amp Level goes up 2.9 dB

Last edited:
I double-checked with beta2. The input boost actually does seem to work and make an audible difference. The amp level and delay mix visually (e.g. in Edit) register the CS4 change, but the audio doesn't change. Same volume level (I double-checked with a sound meter, no change), and the mix seems on the 11% side (many repeats audible in both switch positions, no change). Thanks @Patzag for helping with the trouble-shooting!

I double-checked with beta2. The input boost actually does seem to work and make an audible difference. The amp level and delay mix visually (e.g. in Edit) register the CS4 change, but the audio doesn't change. Same volume level (I double-checked with a sound meter, no change), and the mix seems on the 11% side (many repeats audible in both switch positions, no change). Thanks @Patzag for helping with the trouble-shooting!
i believe Balance, Level and Mix parameters in Amp and Delay blocks are not working with modifiers in PB2. all other parameters in those blocks seem to work with modifiers, unless i missed something.

i believe Balance, Level and Mix parameters in Amp and Delay blocks are not working with modifiers in PB2. all other parameters in those blocks seem to work with modifiers, unless i missed something.
Actually, on that preset, the Level controller is only assigned to Channel B. This renders the modifier useless when another channel is selected.
Scenes 1 and 3 are on Channel A, so the modifier is not active.

If you're not on the right channel, the level (amp) and Mix (Delay) will not be controlled by CS4. Ensure your scenes have these blocks on the right channel, or assign the modifier to ALL CHANNELS instead of Channel B only.

Back
Top Bottom