FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI @BryantP and @Admin M@
  • In preset #8 "Plexi 50W", scene one is still using the wrong amp channel. The scene name is "6550" but the amp block is on channel D which is a 1987X. I assume it should be using channel A, the Plexi 6550.
  • Similarly in preset #17 "AC20 Deluxe", scene four is named "12AX7 Bass" but is using channel D in the amp block which is the "AC20 12AX7 Treble" model. It looks like it should have been saved with channel C.
Preset numbers are ballpark, I don't have them installed in the first bank.

Anyone having trouble opening FM3 edit after uploading the beta firmware?

No more audio buffering, which is great, but not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the FM3 edit.

Anyone having trouble opening FM3 edit after uploading the beta firmware?

No more audio buffering, which is great, but not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the FM3 edit.
Double check your ports in FM3-Edit: Settings -> Preferences, General, Ports.

Hit that drop down and see if you have another FM3 Communications Port hanging out.

The new factory presets address some issues in the old ones including some presets not having had named scenes, plus a few enhancements and changes to optimize CPU usage. I also slipped in the alternating ping-pong hello delay that I released for the Axe-Fx III last weekend.
where is that?

Hey @BryantP ...will this now fix the issue with the USB powering the screen and lights? I still have the issue of not being able to plug my usb in until after I power the unit up...and I have to remove it before powering down...otherwise it will power my screen and lights..they all stay lit. Support told me to wait until the next FW update and that was 2 updates ago...still no fix to this. It keeps getting removed from the 'bug' list. Thoughts?

Hey @BryantP ...will this now fix the issue with the USB powering the screen and lights? I still have the issue of not being able to plug my usb in until after I power the unit up...and I have to remove it before powering down...otherwise it will power my screen and lights..they all stay lit. Support told me to wait until the next FW update and that was 2 updates ago...still no fix to this. It keeps getting removed from the 'bug' list. Thoughts?
Please contact support for this one: https://www.fractalaudio.com/getting-help/

Checking the new v1.06b firmware. This is a preset that didn't work with firmware 1.05, as the FM3 froze while I loaded it. Now, with firmware 1.06 beta, it works perfectly, even if I added a modifier on amp gain + a wha to stress test it ! Two modifiers used to freeze my FM3 in firmware 1.05 : controlling input gain (and other continuous stuff, not switches) in the Amp block, and controlling delay master feedback with envelope. It's not the case anymore, so I'll soon be able to release a few complex presets

Great playing and awesome preset. Mind sharing the preset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom