FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryantP

Administrator
FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 1

Please note that this is a beta release. Before installing a beta release it is recommended you do a full backup of your presets, user cabs, and system configuration using Fractal-Bot. We welcome and encourage feedback.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/1p0/fm3_dsp_rel_1p06_beta_1.zip

Please install the NEW FACTORY PRESETS designed for firmware 1.06. Find them below:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/1p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v1p06.zip

Release Notes:
• Fixed Pitch block Mix overriding custom settings.​
• Fixed Pitch block Custom Scale number not displaying correctly.​
• Fixes for USB audio artifacts and buffer handling.​
• Third party MIDI “STATUS DUMP” command will now return the correct data.​
• Fixed some Presets freezing on startup.​
• Corrected default Negative Feedback for Deluxe Verb models.​
• Fixed PC Mapping not always loading designated scene.​
• MIDI Looper CC commands will now function properly after a power cycle.​
• Fix Contour parameter not working in Drive block for Shred Distortion type.​
• Align Plex block with Axe-Fx III.​
• Input 1 Source setting will no longer affect Input 2.​
• Improved modifier performance for external controllers (Wah “zippering”).​
• Improved performance of modifiers attached to Amp and Delay blocks.​
• FC: FC-6 and FM3 will now wrap Views correctly within Layout 9 (the “Master Layout Menu”).​

" Fixes for USB audio artifacts and buffer handling. " - does this mean that using the FM3 as an interface or for re-amping is working? I may have missed it but I thought these were not functional yet.

The new factory presets address some issues in the old ones including some presets not having had named scenes, plus a few enhancements and changes to optimize CPU usage. I also slipped in the alternating ping-pong hello delay that I released for the Axe-Fx III last weekend.

Thank you @BryantP . I recently received an FM3 and have been knocked out by it. Congratulations to you and the entire FAS team for an amazing piece of hardware.

A question about the USB fixes. Does this address communication timeouts between the FM3 and FM3-Edit over USB? I experience occasional timeouts during an editing session of a standard preset that results in FM3 hanging, requiring a power cycle. Latest FM3 firmware, FM3 editor, FAS Windows 10 drivers.

Thanks -- Todd

I’ll wait for the final, since this is my only device, but this is great news! Can’t wait to have an ultra small ”studio” with the FM3 and my iPad.

Fantastic timing; am expecting my FM3/FC6 tomorrow! I was planning on going through all the factory presets upon receipt and have fresh new ones to play with...very nice. Coupled with bug fixes and tweaks the timing couldn't be better.

Thanks FAS...

Fantastic timing; am expecting my FM3/FC6 tomorrow! I was planning on going through all the factory presets upon receipt and have fresh new ones to play with...very nice. Coupled with bug fixes and tweaks the timing couldn't be better.

Thanks FAS...
Hey man, enjoy your new toy! There are plenty of presets to keep you entertained for a while. Best of all, they sound great right out of the box

Hey man, enjoy your new toy! There are plenty of presets to keep you entertained for a while. Best of all, they sound great right out of the box

Thanks! I've always had good luck with the factory presets on previous FAS devices and fully expect the FM3 to blow my mind immediately...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom