FM3 feedback with high gain (headphone version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like last firmware from AX3 has this bug to and Cliff said fixed for next release so if its the same help should be on the way

I'm hopeful it's a software bug and not a hardware issue.

As I said, you can easily replicate it with a factory high gain patch, I picked the preset #31, turn on the drive pedal and it squeals.

@markyd - do you have the headphone version or standard? I wonder if something with the headphone output is feeding back into the XLR's? Because this should have easily been identified previously. Any Leon Todd video would have been pure feedback!

Can you try using Input2 instead of Input1 for guitar input, see if that improves it?

Or use Input1 but route Out1 signal only to Out1-right, muting Out1-left. Less squeal?

Switching to input 2 does seem to fix the problem.

With input 1 I'm hearing the feedback creeping in while playing and input 2 sounds much clearer (i.e. less feedback noise). I checked the input levels on the meters and it seems similar on both, so I don't think it's purely a gain issue on the inputs.

@Jarick I have experienced the same thing... My personal opinion is that there is something going on with the input gain overall... I am "guessing/hoping" its a software thing

@FractalAudio could you check on this with some of your units on site? There seems to be an issue with input 1 and output 1 causing some feedback. Not sure if this is hardware or software. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom