FM3 / FC6 / FC12 Gigbags?

Was going to buy the Studio Slips. Then went into tightwad mode and used a tool bag I won in a free raffle at a electrical supplies seminar. It holds the FM3 and FC6 an exp pedal and cables. Elegant no. Cheap yes. Upside down picture yes.

B5A1039A-130B-44AE-920F-8CB1DB5B10B8.jpeg
yes

Last edited:
Greg, Rex - thanks for the suggestion that my question is wrong 😁

Kidding aside though - and point taken; let's forget about the specifics of balancing a bike. What about walking? I did see someone pack a quad cortex in a mono tick. That seemed to me like about as compact a rig as you could make it and you could have it all in "one" neat case. Hands free for opening doors, wrangling keys and what not without having to put stuff down etc. I'm just curious if anyone has a good suggestion.

Greg, Rex - thanks for the suggestion that my question is wrong 😁

Kidding aside though - and point taken; let's forget about the specifics of balancing a bike. What about walking?
Here's the thing about that: if you have enough weight at the top of your gig bag, it'll raise the center of mass above the height of the shoulder straps. When that happens, gravity will try to rotate the bag so the headstock is pointed toward the floor, and you'll be fighting that with every step you take. Even if you win that fight, you'll be knocking into the sides of doorjambs and bus doors, and into your fellow pedestrians.

Another danger is if the bag gets dropped or runs into something. Now you have the weight your gear smashing down on your headstock. Not trying to rain on your parade, but personally, I wouldn't risk my stuff like that.

Here's the thing about that: if you have enough weight at the top of your gig bag, it'll raise the center of mass above the height of the shoulder straps. When that happens, gravity will try to rotate the bag so the headstock is pointed toward the floor, and you'll be fighting that with every step you take. Even if you win that fight, you'll be knocking into the sides of doorjambs and bus doors, and into your fellow pedestrians.

Another danger is if the bag gets dropped or runs into something. Now you have the weight your gear smashing down on your headstock. Not trying to rain on your parade, but personally, I wouldn't risk my stuff like that.
👍 thanks for the reply and the concern.

Been using this since I’ve had the FM3 and FC12
Sold the Helix kept the bag. This and a good quality single and double gig bag for my guitars is all I carry. FM3, FC12, EV1, 2 XLR cables TRS cable and an XVIVE wireless system in the bag. Everything else that I may need is in my gig bag.

Attachments

• 1419556A-338A-427F-866A-C3F5BB39372C.jpeg
    1419556A-338A-427F-866A-C3F5BB39372C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 78E94FB8-389E-4437-AC72-C04C69C0650E.jpeg
    78E94FB8-389E-4437-AC72-C04C69C0650E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
  • FE8ADE9C-2E38-4EE0-99EC-A01F015F5601.jpeg
    FE8ADE9C-2E38-4EE0-99EC-A01F015F5601.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom