FM3 / FC6 / FC12 Gigbags?

bleujazz3

Fractal Fanatic
I think this may have been asked before...but thought to ask just the same...

For those with FM3 and/or FC6/FC12 devices...what good gig bag could you use to carry these...something with extra pockets for cables, switches, phone or tablet...?

I've seen that Temple Audio has appropriate gig bags for their pedalboards...just need something better than a "man-purse" or gym bag...waiting for the "light bulb moment" soon...

My FM3 fits great in an old laptop case that I had laying around.

'Old' being the important word, from when laptops were thicker and somewhat fragile :tongueclosed: but it's the kind of thing you could likely find cheap or maybe even have in the attic, etc.

My FM3 fits great in an old laptop case that I had laying around.

'Old' being the important word, from when laptops were thicker and somewhat fragile :tongueclosed: but it's the kind of thing you could likely find cheap or maybe even have in the attic, etc.

Yep,
Invested in a good-sized one few months back...I use this for notebooks, a tablet, charts, maybe some cables tossed in for good measure...it's not old, yet not new, either...is good to have with you when you need to pop into a shop...

FAS recommends these. They're nice, but a little pricey. Am holding out until I find what's most cost-effective and fits correctly.
It’s a great fit, for the stuff I wanted to carry, but everyone has different needs. And,
price is relative; I prefer to buy once and use it for years.

Figure out what you want to carry and then contact them and they’ll adjust the bag to meet your needs if you want.

I've seen that Temple Audio has appropriate gig bags for their pedalboards...just need something better than a "man-purse" or gym bag
I have Temple Audio’s bag for the Duo 24, which, with the FM3 and FC6, dual XLR cables, power cables for the two FRFR cabs, extension cord and two small Dunlop foot pedals and their cables, barely squeezes into the pocket, to the point I question how long it will survive. I’m seriously thinking of having Studio Slips design a better fitting bag with better pockets.

That’s not to say Temple Audio’s bag is a bad design, it’s just not made for what I’m using it for and what I’m jamming into it.

I have Temple Audio’s bag for the Duo 24, which, with the FM3 and FC6, dual XLR cables, power cables for the two FRFR cabs, extension cord and two small Dunlop foot pedals and their cables, barely squeezes into the pocket, to the point I question how long it will survive. I’m seriously thinking of having Studio Slips design a better fitting bag with better pockets.

That’s not to say Temple Audio’s bag is a bad design, it’s just not made for what I’m using it for and what I’m jamming into it.

I'd say that its not worth stressing about...it might be better until my finances allow the Studio Slips than try cramming a Duo 34 / Duo 17 board into Temple gig bags...and not having enough space for extra needs...

Guys, check this out. I think I might have found a perfect FM3 bag for those without FC6.

Manfrotto Manhattan Speedy-30

Perfect fit for FM3 + EV2. I'm able to fit also Line6 G10S wireless transmitter (white bag on photos). It has a pocket for a small laptop (according to manufacturer, fits 14"), but I'm using it for cables. It's water repellent and has rain protector too.

The only cons (for me) - it's a soft bag, no protection from a hammer. Also, FM3 buttons can be clicked when you push a bit the front of the bag (or back, depending of how you put inside your FM3) - can be annoying. Otherwise, I'm damn happy with this bag.

Price in Switzerland: 115$ + shipping.

Manufacturer page: https://www.manfrotto.com/global/manhattan-camera-messenger-speedy-30-for-dslr-mb-mn-m-sd-30/

20210823_195927.jpg20210823_200115.jpg20210823_200726.jpg20210823_200815.jpgcamera-messenger-manhattan-mb-mn-m-sd-30-speedy-30-dett12.jpgcamera-messenger-manhattan-mb-mn-m-sd-30-speedy-30-dett07.jpgcamera-messenger-manhattan-mb-mn-m-sd-30-speedy-30-dett01.jpg

Thanks for this. I think since my FM3 / FC12 & EV-1s are on separate Temple Audio boards, the Studio Slips bags would be best suited if they were custom designed to fit correctly. I see where the Reverb sale is best used for standard FM3 units that have not been placed on a pedalboard, and would work for those who have not made the switch to a pedalboard format.

custom designed to fit correctly

The original design for the FM3+FC6 bag is custom designed for them and fits perfectly. That bag is the culmination of a number of modifications to the standard Studio Slips clamshell bag that I asked them to do that made it possible to carry both units in a single bag very securely, based on my needs for the lightest and smallest package when traveling. It's turned out to be a great fit for those units when they're used without a board.

Studio Slips already have bags designed for Temple Audio's boards, but Temple Audio's bags and Studio Slips' bag for them are not designed for those boards plus a FM3+FC6 or FC-12 because the combination sits much higher. The simple solution is to ask them to make the bag with more height to allow for that. If you want a pocket that fits the EV-1, then specify a larger pocket. If you want extra padding on the top, which I'd recommend, then ask for it. The design changes cost nothing, you'll just pay for the materials used.

My FM3+FC6 are mounted on a Temple Audio Duo 24, which barely fits in the Temple Audio Duo 24 bag and once it's zipped it's difficult to get the pocket zipped. That bag has no protective padding either, so the simple solution for me, if I want a good bag, is tweak Studio Slips' bag and wait for it to be delivered. When I want to travel with the units by themselves it's a simple process of popping them from the board and dropping them into the FM3+FC6 bag.

Last edited:
The original design for the FM3+FC6 bag is custom designed for them and fits perfectly. That bag is the culmination of a number of modifications to the standard Studio Slips clamshell bag that I asked them to do that made it possible to carry both units in a single bag very securely, based on my needs for the lightest and smallest package when traveling. It's turned out to be a great fit for those units when they're used without a board.

Studio Slips already have bags designed for Temple Audio's boards, but Temple Audio's bags and Studio Slips' bag for them are not designed for those boards plus a FM3+FC6 or FC-12 because the combination sits much higher. The simple solution is to ask them to make the bag with more height to allow for that. If you want a pocket that fits the EV-1, then specify a larger pocket. If you want extra padding on the top, which I'd recommend, then ask for it. The design changes cost nothing, you'll just pay for the materials used.

My FM3+FC6 are mounted on a Temple Audio Duo 24, which barely fits in the Temple Audio Duo 24 bag and once it's zipped it's difficult to get the pocket zipped. That bag has no protective padding either, so the simple solution for me, if I want a good bag, is tweak Studio Slips' bag and wait for it to be delivered. When I want to travel with the units by themselves it's a simple process of popping them from the board and dropping them into the FM3+FC6 bag.

That was my understanding as well. Ask Studio slips to build custom-designed bags that will accommodate whatever pedalboard you own and use with your Fractal units. Allow for extra room so the bags will more easily zip closed. Add larger pockets for carrying accessories one might need to bring with them. Ordering isn't a problem. It's making darn sure nothing is damaged in transit and my place looks clean before/after things arrive.

Does anyone have a solution like the mono tick for the fm3?

Essentially the ability to have both hands free (e.g if you want to take your bike to rehearsal) with the guitar+fm3+expression pedals+cables on your back.

I'm using a laptop bag for mine. I only have the FM3 in it plus cables and two expression pedals, but you could easily fit an FM3 and an FC6 in it. The one I have isn't available anymore, but here's a really similar one from the same manufacturer (the outside pockets are a little different than mine):

Amazon Link

Does anyone have a solution like the mono tick for the fm3?

Essentially the ability to have both hands free (e.g if you want to take your bike to rehearsal) with the guitar+fm3+expression pedals+cables on your back.
TBH, I’m not thrilled with the idea of hanging the weight of the FM3 on the headstock end of a gig bag.

Back
Top Bottom