FM3 + FC12 = OMG15

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing I noticed for the presets layout is that the top row repeats a preset. so I updated on my end. Hopefully the screenshots illustrate what I'm talking about.
You must set bank size to 10 BEFORE loading OMG 15. Or if you've now switched bank size to 10, reload OMG 15. And all will be well!

Oh man - I played a 5 song mini-gig back in the late 90s outside Kadena ...gate 3? 5? with some guys from base - we had a Marine singer that totally pulled off the Quiet Riot / Scorpions / AC/DC thing - but his voice only lasted like 30 min before being gone. I was playing a Lexicon MPX-G2 at the time and thought it was the most amazing thing.

Memories.

Believe you are thinking of Gate 2 Street. Have played at many clubs up/down the street. Fujiyama's, Gate 2 Garage, Jet, 7th Heaven, Al's Place...

Your Last Pedalboard
It's called the FM9 SOLO! It has four speakers built into the back; two outer Atomic CLR cabs and two inner Xitone Cabs powered by a Matrix GT9FX power amp. The cabs are mounted on motors that rotate the speakers so you can have them face you for monitoring or the audience as a FRFR PA or have two towards you and two towards the audience. You can also use the motors to spin the speakers around and act as an authentic quad Leslie speaker system.

Wireless Security That Stomps The Competition
The FM9 SOLO also has a built in wireless system with a model of the Schaffer-Vega wireless for authentic late 70s and 80s tones. Ambient static electricity connects your guitar directly to the FM9 SOLO. No cords, batteries or power packs are required! This transparent wireless only allows you to connect using the onboard 9 gigapixel camera that features LiDAR for facial recognition on the darkest of stages.

Combined with the FC6 or FC12, the FM9 SOLO allows full control of your presets, scenes, and effects with intuitive layouts known as the WTF15 and WTF21. Roam the stage and venue with confidence knowing your FM9 SOLO is secure; each and every foot button features a toe print scanner to make sure only you make changes during your set.

Connect And Go
The FM9 SOLO has everything you need to charge your phone, connect to your laptop, or power external hardware and pedals with a total of 7 USB ports on the back: 1 USB A, 1 USB B, and 5 USB C.

Life Changing Processing
The FM9 SOLO features four 24 core Killer Whale processors with enough processing power to file for divorce and do your taxes after your wife finds out you bought one! Fractal makes this process easy: included in the firmware is a fully featured and functional emulation of TurboTax 1984!

Once again Fractal Audio bleeds the way in guitar processing; laying the world of amps and effects at your feet!
Can you play Doom on it?

I gotta say, this is really nice! It's like driving an Escalade. :tearsofjoy:

It's nice having all 12 effects visible at a time (if you're not locked into a "preset-per-song, scene-per-section" paradigm). And, for that matter, not having to page to reach additional scenes is also great. 10 preset bank size feels natural, and I already feel like I spend less time worrying about the best order because I can go from 00 to 29 in like 3 presses. Plus you can configure holds on FM3 switches 1 and 2 to do 12 each of whatever you want.

I may not feel quite as strongly about it as Brian May feels about fat bottomed girls, but it's probably close.

I haven’t seen any of the usual “powers that be” post a demo video on this setup yet....anybody? Not that it’s desperately needed thanks to CC’s awesome OMG 9 video, but it is curious. Seems like a really cool setup.

Last edited:
I have been using my FC12 since I bought the FM3. Is there a way to make the FM3 static and only change the FC12?
I just want the FM3 to have scenes, presets, effects switch. When you press each one nothing happen on the FM 3 but only change the FC12. It does all I want it to do not except, I don't want the FM3 to change to presets when you press. I want it to only have three function. You press scenes and it only changes the FC12 to scenes. The same for the other two switches. Does the OMG 15 do this?

I have been using my FC12 since I bought the FM3. Is there a way to make the FM3 static and only change the FC12?
I just want the FM3 to have scenes, presets, effects switch. When you press each one nothing happen on the FM 3 but only change the FC12. It does all I want it to do not except, I don't want the FM3 to change to presets when you press. I want it to only have three function. You press scenes and it only changes the FC12 to scenes. The same for the other two switches. Does the OMG 15 do this?
That’s exactly the goal of the “OMG” concept.

Just received notice that my FC-12 has arrived at post office. Picking up tomorrow. HELL YEAH!!!

OK. FC12 is on-deck, OMG15 loaded, and is working flawlessly.

FM3 switches are showing Presets, Scenes, and Effects.
FC12 switches are showing the layout/setup of each FM3 switch.

No issues at all. I can gig with this without doubt.

A few questions though: (EDIT = All problems fixed.)

1. The Layout is showing OMG9 instead of OMG15 even after Import All Layouts. Is that correct?

2. Is there a way to have the FM3 show the Presets across the three switches (instead of the above)? When I click on the preset the FC12 will display the preset scene, effects, etc. setup.

FM3 LAYOUT
JTM45 C45 2018 Normal 50W

3. Is there a specific number for the bank upper limit so the increment continues up?

Last edited:
You must set bank size to 10 BEFORE loading OMG 15. Or if you've now switched bank size to 10, reload OMG 15. And all will be well!
All setup per instructions but I also see the same preset across the top row on the FC12. Have reloaded OMG15 three times.

What did I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom